new blaster guy here

shizcol

Apr 11, 2012
hey guys, im new here, thought id drop in and say hello.. thinking about buying a 2000 blaster for 400.00 after its been restored and needs to be put back together.. any thoughts would be great, good or bad..

im about 265 lbs and thought id throw that out there.. i thought i was a bit big for it but its so cheap i cant resist.. what are some cheap mods i can do to it so it can lug my fat butt around lol..

Nice blaster. Whats a good price for a 2000 blaster that needs to be put back together lol. Its been repainted (frame) and gone through

welcome,

if it's all there, with good motor/plastics/tires/bearings and was just torn down to repaint/refurbish, and is ready to put back together.....that saves you alot of work...could be worth double when re-assembled

try to get it for less

Welcome! There are plenty of thread around here that will give you some info on anything you need

Ok now im def in the mood to buy it haha. The guy was asking 550 and i got hin down to 400 delivered. Here are some pics

5253b46b.jpg

eaab20c8.jpg

2bdd7f88.jpg

5bb67210.jpg

0f11db31.jpg

5eb5d4bd.jpg

07f8d6af.jpg

9f888104.jpg

There are more pics with boxes of parts. But u get the idea. It also comes with a rear set of plastics for spare. What do u guys think

Looks like a good deal for $400 delivered.. The frame look great and it has a Toomey silencer but a stock pipe. With your weight i would look on ebay for some better shocks and while the motor is out take the top end apart and get the cylinder ported for some more HP...

Looks like you got all the parts. Thats a good deal for $400. got yourself a nice little project. You will have a great opportunity to learn about your Blaster before ever riding it. Read up lots of good info here.

Thanks guys im pumped. It may be a bit small for me but i think with some upgrades and mods it will still be fun. Im working on trying to find a good head pipe to go with the toomey silencer. Anyone got any ideas? Hard to find just a toomey head pipe. Im gonna do the tors delete mod, it already has the oil injection removed, gonna get reeds and a good pipe and a new top end to start. Then id like to widen it and extend the rear. In time i think it will be cool. It will never be a banshee but still fun.

Thanks guys im pumped. It may be a bit small for me but i think with some upgrades and mods it will still be fun. Im working on trying to find a good head pipe to go with the toomey silencer. Anyone got any ideas? Hard to find just a toomey head pipe. Im gonna do the tors delete mod, it already has the oil injection removed, gonna get reeds and a good pipe and a new top end to start. Then id like to widen it and extend the rear. In time i think it will be cool. It will never be a banshee but still fun.
No, Never a Shee........ just had a moment there. check out some pics and threads from other members and see what they've done and how they got it done. Lots of Good dudes here with a sh*t load of knowledge. my whole build went sooo much easier just reading what these guys have done. enjoy man.

Thanks again. I will look around. This site seems to be a big site and alot of info where to start lol. I like most of the rides i see. I see ur from vt? Where abouts?

i recommend the search tab, type in what youre looking for and it will show you all the threads with that topic. good place to start. i live in milton vermont. bout 20 minutes from burlington. lots of good mountain trails and pits near by. where abouts are you from?