New Blaster And Problems:(omg

FaH-S.A

Feb 25, 2010
South Africa (Durban)
www.facebook.com
Hi Guys. Picked up another blaster this weekend. It's an 06 limited edition. Only engine mod is the fmf fatty and pc2 silencer. Well when i rode it there it used to bog mid range and i also noticed that the head pipe going into the flange is loose and theres a black liquid and smoke coming out through the gap (see the photo)

Well this is my first fmf pipe and it doesnt really have good compression i think but it starts first time. What do you think is the problem? bottom end leak? or air leak? or is the liquid coming out the pipe?:(

Am i losing power and air because the head pipe isnt air tight? The guy i bought it from said he didn't re jet when he added the pipe:-/ i dont know what the hell is going on!X( but she looks pretty good!

A mechanic i met said i should weld it:eek:

Thanks man.
2ekosiw.jpg

wlq2h.jpg

Last edited:
The oil leak out the exhaust flang is common . I would do a good carb cleaning and jetting check. Make sure you have a new plug and clean air filter.

start with a 270/290 main jet for that pipe
a leakdown test and compression check will tell if she's airtight, and the condition of the rings/piston/bore

start with a 270/290 main jet for that pipe
a leakdown test and compression check will tell if she's airtight, and the condition of the rings/piston/bore

+1 on the leak and compression test. If the po ran it for too long without rejetting it may need a bore/piston.

Hey thanks guys. Rode the blaster for the 2nd time today! she ran fine,, no bogging or compression loss that i know of.. But she still leaks a black liquid out the flange. Gonna get a new flange this weekend. And get the carb cleaned as well as the air filter. The throttle response isnt that snappy hey

there is nothing wrong with that bike!! ALL fmf pipes do that on blasters, use some Midas gasket sealer when you assemble the pipe onto the flange, weldeing it is an absolute LAST resort.