new blaster 01 stock needs more power help

roody23

Nov 29, 2013
the blaster starts up nice. but it idles very loud and in high gears its slow and weak it has the lid removed and it has a t6 muffler and stock exhaust everything else stock.

the question is were do i start tuning the bike should i change any jets and i also ordered a fmf fatty pipe

I am going to suggest on learning how to do a proper "plug chop". But before that you will need to know a little about your carb. Meaning how to set float height and how to clean things and what is what in there. Once the carb is ready to go you can do a plug chop. A plug chop will let know where you stand on your jetting. You will certainly have to re jet with a new exhaust. what is you jetting at now?

If your idle is very high you may have an air leak somewhere. It will help with jetting to be sure your engine is leak free. do a leak test before trying to tune your carb.

The "loud" idle is most likely because its a 2-stroke and probably needs the silencer repacked

first thing you should order for a powerful blaster is a leak tester! air leaks can cause it to run horrible, or wonderful right before it blows up!

if you want a lot more power, get the cylinder ported and do a head mod. about $235 iirc. also do a bore and hone with new piston if its worn
fmf pipe will do nicely for everything else being stock

Re-jet once you have the carb all set right and leak tested. once you get there, you can look up plug-chopping to get it right

Simple leak tester from home store. It works. Must have for Blaster owners.
IMG_0517.JPG