Need to find Banshee stem brake cable

nofxfan125

May 9, 2009
Freeland, PA
I've managed to have a banshee stem turned down to fit the blaster but the upper brake cable for the stock drum brakes is too short. Has anyone found a longer cable the fits right in?

You're wanting a longer cable that goes from the lever to the splitter, right? I think what Slick posted is the parking brake cable that runs all the way to the rear disk. I assume the Banshee stem is taller causing the cable to not reach to the lever, right?

You're wanting a longer cable that goes from the lever to the splitter, right? I think what Slick posted is the parking brake cable that runs all the way to the rear disk. I assume the Banshee stem is taller causing the cable to not reach to the lever, right?

Right. 151515151515

How much more length are you needing? Is it possible to raise the splitter up, maybe bolt an extension to where it bolts now and the splitter to the extension?

I measured the set I just took off the 01. The sleeve is about 17" long and the cable is about 21.5" long. I looked at some other quads that have drum front brakes: the honda's are different, with a wing nut at the splittler and I looked at some on ebay from YFM's but couldn't find any with the length listed. I'd guess you'll need about 3" longer sleeve and same amount longer in the cable.

I'm not sure what you mean by the "sleeve" but yes, the cable would be about right at about 3" longer for the proper amount of play. I haven't looked into moving the splitter up higher, although I think there might be enough play in the lower cables to move it up with a custom bracket. I was looking on motion pro's site and the only similar cable I can find from a different Yamaha ATV is the same part number as the blaster upper cable so it doesn't look like I'm going to find a longer cable from Yamaha.

I'm not sure what you mean by the "sleeve"

The sleeve is the outer part that the cable slides in. I looked at different cables but not I saw in that length range had the correct ends you need. If the moving the splitter up doesn't work, you may have to get creative. Be careful, you don't want to start reinventing the wheel.