Need spark help.

1meanblaster

Sep 3, 2010
Kimball, MI
There is something wrong with my spark. the quad will start and run great then die. and then its like i dont have a spark. it cuts in and out. where do i start with tracing it down. i doubt its the stator. and the fluxuations are causeing backfires tooo

follow the electrical trouble shooting in the manual........
http://www.blasterforum.com/general-support-17/downloadable-yamaha-blaster-manual-17325/

copy/pasted from another thread:

5aa9fa79.jpg

84f8ec17.jpg

ab221044.jpg

f5c5b443.jpg

a1f9fb2e.jpg

21db61be.jpg

05c9ed1d.jpg

ec2b4813.jpg

TORS brain(box) unpluged? Got parking brake? Did you go through lots of water recently?

Check, clean,tighten,add dielectric grease to ALL connections. Be sure that coil has clean, bare metal (add digrease) or run seperate ground back to motor. Ohmed coil? Plug boot (both seperately)? Trim 1/4" off coil wire (new/fresh connection) add digrease. check switches for continuity in both on and off position. Pull flywheel, remove rust from stator poles and flywheel. Report back findings.

there is no tors or parking brake. rust on the stator pole maybe.. killswitch for sure works. and when i looked at the harness. the grounds were horibly done

Wow thanks for this timely thread, and the reminder to go to the manual when in trouble. I just finished a full rebuild, and have no spark. The procedure AWK posted from the manuel should be just what I need to make some sense of it. Beats the hell outta yanking on random connecters all day.

Reactions: Larry's Shee