need some urgent help can't figure this out

B

bigballanj420

Ok, so here is my situation i picked up an 03 blaster that literally sat in a garage with gas in it since 03. The thing is absolutely mint no scratches, mad compression, it really looks like it has never been ridin. So I took it home but it wouldn't run i cleaned the carb and put a new plug in it, and it started second kick. it rode really well no problems what so ever. The next night I go into my garage and there is a puddle of gas under the quad and it is just pissin out of all the over flow tubes, i figured i must of put the floats in wrong or the bent the pin so i once again took the carb apart and everything was fine and when i reassembled it stopped pissing gas, and rode fine. The next day the same thing happens any ideas?

thanks in advance for the help

^^
I dont think so i really did a good job cleaning the carb

no, you said the carb, sat for a couple years "with gas" fuel valve and seat I would say almost for sure. fuel valve has a pointed rubber end that seats on the rubber seat. probly the upper seal swelled and is not sliding up and down properly.

Did you drain all the gas from the lines and tank? If not theres your problem, but if you did then it should be what 00blesterresto said.

is the carb stock? is the oil injection blocked off? are the jets possibly too rich?

oh it would be a good idea to drian the tranny fluid and add new trans fluid since it sat for a while

yeah i spent the 15$ and bought the carb rebuild kit problem solved