need some help

nrc91693

Mar 9, 2009
grahamsville, ny
got a friend thats having me do some work on it to make it ready to sell. its got a pretty interesting problem. first of it doesnt idle right i was told that the reeds were bad i looked at them today and they had a little bit of play anyone know if these things are supposed to be flat against the backround? also when you pull the clutch in it revs up. also does anyone know why it puts out too much voltage? it blows headlight and tailight bulbs every 30 seconds wtf? i pulled the flywheel and checked the stator the mark looks off but i cant turn it? Thanks ahead of time im hoping to get this thing running for him very soon

ok so I just went through it a little more today and found out it has a newer wiring harness on it. I have the brake light hooked up on the parking brake lever but not on the foot brake lever. this wont affect my engine running will it?

Last edited:
ok so i put it all back together and it runs perfect. turns out it was the reeds....but it still puts out weird voltage? is this the regulator? need to know soon please help thanks

voltage regulator most likely, sounds bad, you need to test it. there is an electronic blaster manual on this forum under the diy section, it will show you how to troubleshoot and test the voltage regulator, control unit, and c.d.i. unit. good luck