Need some experienced help

ridinfast03

Apr 24, 2008
Indiana
www.317motosports.com
Hey guys I've been putting this off for a while and after last weekend, "let me stop and tell a story"

Took an ol buddy out to go riding, took my blaster and yfz450 out and went to the Badlands in INDIANA. He knows how to ride but hardly has the time due to being a truck driver and a new father. One problem, he is literatly like a hair from being 7ft tall - so I had to let him ride the 450 right?
So I ran and raped the blaster all day long and loved it. I missd this little sassy pants quad alot. I really hadn't rode her at all since I bought the 450 over a year ago.

Back to the topic.

I just bought a house and now will have tons of time in my garage to work on the fleet of quads. I think its the blasters turn to get a face lift. Last year I replaced all the bushings, bearings, sleeves, and several other small things of that sort that made a huge difference. I literatly can push her down the street and she'll role a long way from just the new bearings. But now I want to give her some width front and back, some new support in the seat cushion as well as some grip on the seat too. Would also like for her to sit a little taller and look a little prettier. I know I am going to powder coat lots of stuff and change the plastics around and that sort of thing, but what I need your help on and especially from you guys that did massive rebuilds like Paulie B's, I need to know tips and tricks - do's and don'ts - things to look for - stuff to remember or have on hand before tearing apart - anything that you think will help?

P1010006.jpg

CIMG1059.jpg

CIMG2324.jpg

CIMG2327.jpg

CIMG2325.jpg

Here's a sample of the common terrain where I ride

CIMG0845.jpg

its not that bad, and you have to kind of wait, it just happens
when you go into a rebuild have a plan, know what your going to do and follow your plan. if your close to the end of the rebuild, and one little part is holding you back, don't try and make it or, go without it because that one little part could do some damage. have a game plan, and follow it, buy good parts, and dont buy knockoff, and just have fun!

you said you wanted your blaster to sit a bit higher? if you put a +4 swing arm on there and a YFZ450 rear shock your quad will sit 3-4 inches higher. its nice. Also go with a diamond j kit since you said you wanted to go wider. You can do those upgrades for $600.00 and I think that it's well worth it.

Got any suggestions on which kind of diy rhino lining aerosol works well? I want to do the small factory nerf bar and pegs with it till I buy some "REAL" nerfs. Pics would be good to if any of you have them.

just keep it simple man. i think some new plastics, and the maier raptor style rear fender look badass. get a good silencer too i got the fmf and it looks and sounds good get some nice rims and tires too the 20" on the back look way better than the stock baloons. i would get the headlight too for the 03 front end that thing is BRIGHT and it looks clean. the diamond j kit for the front (6") is $180+ship and idk how much swingarms are but my guess is $300. also go to projectblaster.com they have some blaster sh*t nobody else has.. and rockymountainatv.com they have good deals on most stuff

the diamond j kit is great. nice and strong. i just have the standard +6 kit and rin banshee front shocks, but if you really want a ride improvement get the shock conversion kit, and some YFZ450 front shocks. if you dont want to spend that much on shocks Z400 shocks work well too.

Got any suggestions on which kind of diy rhino lining aerosol works well? I want to do the small factory nerf bar and pegs with it till I buy some "REAL" nerfs. Pics would be good to if any of you have them.

REEDracing94 has a post in the "body" section with pics of his Duplicolor bed liner work on his heel guards and skid plate. For some reason I can't do a link to it, but that will point you in the right direction.

just keep it simple man. i think some new plastics, and the maier raptor style rear fender look badass. get a good silencer too i got the fmf and it looks and sounds good get some nice rims and tires too the 20" on the back look way better than the stock baloons. i would get the headlight too for the 03 front end that thing is BRIGHT and it looks clean. the diamond j kit for the front (6") is $180+ship and idk how much swingarms are but my guess is $300. also go to projectblaster.com they have some blaster sh*t nobody else has.. and rockymountainatv.com they have good deals on most stuff

Right now its rolling a fmf fatty with silencer that has been cut down 4 inches. Its got 20inch Kenda Dominators sittin on factory warrior rims - threw the blasty rims away. The front is rolling the stock dunlops that came off my yfz450. Got the headlight too just haven't put it in. Got it for 11 bucks with shipping. Right now Im not interestd in an aftermarket swing arm. Project blaster used to be great but now the forum is dead (been a active member) there for nearly 4 years. Kurt (the owner, along with Paul, his dad) have seemed to really switch focus to street bikes now.

Anyone know how to pull a dent out of the pipe with doing any more damage?

Thought I would share some pics of the family

My FO FITTY on one of its maiden voyages
CIMG0847-1.jpg

CIMG2390.jpg

HMF Bill Balance Carbon Fiber pipe
CIMG2408.jpg

CIMG2417.jpg

Graphic kit I made for a Banshee
SUICIDALbANSHEE.jpg

CIMG1224.jpg

First day I got her
CIMG0741.jpg