Need non-adjustable lrd pipe flange

o4blastie

Dec 30, 2014
Over here By There
Well, like everyone else...I'm sure this is gonna be hard, but is there anyone who might know of someone, who knows someone, that may have a spare lrd flange laying around somewhere... or possibly know of a aftermarket brand like pro circuit that may work with?? Already contacted LED... guy didn't seem to wanna help much since the company is no longer around... so if anyone has any suggestions... I'm all EARS.... thanks

you're going to have to just break down and buy another brand flange to see if it fits, and/or whats needed to make it fit...........

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-Blas...Parts_Accessories&hash=item259d61cbd0&vxp=mtr

if it doesn't work, at least you have the bolt on flange part itself, then have someone weld on the correct size pipe to make it work with the LRD pipe.
I'd be willing to give that a shot for you if you can't find anyone local.

you're going to have to just break down and buy another brand flange to see if it fits, and/or whats needed to make it fit...........

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-Blas...Parts_Accessories&hash=item259d61cbd0&vxp=mtr

if it doesn't work, at least you have the bolt on flange part itself, then have someone weld on the correct size pipe to make it work with the LRD pipe.
I'd be willing to give that a shot for you if you can't find anyone local.
Yea figured I would give it a shot on here on hopes of finding one, if all else fails, i already know I gotta buy a flange, then if it doesn't fit, I have a friend that will try to fab me something g up with a welder... I also seen that flange on ebay as well.. got my eyes peeled open looking for the pipe in the mail:)

buy that flange, if it doesn't fit snugly or at all, take the pipe to advance auto or autozone where they have exhaust pipe pieces out on the shelf that you can try to find one that fits tight inside or over the LRD, cut it to length
then have your freind or an exhaust shop weld it on for you.
a good auto exhaust shop should also be able to expand a pipe to fit tight ?
that might even be a better option than the "known to leak" LRD flange ?

Reactions: BlasterFun484
Does anyone have a stock flange or an extra flange laying around? I will pay shipping on it and make an LRD one for cheap

if not i will cut a piece of steel to use for the flange (old flange would be better :))

Does anyone have a stock flange or an extra flange laying around? I will pay shipping on it and make an LRD one for free

I can't see how a stock flange could be used ?
it just holds the pipe, where the actual sealing end is, onto the cylinder

I can't see how a stock flange could be used ?
it just holds the pipe, where the actual sealing end is, onto the cylinder
You had the adjustable pipes iirc. the new flange is much different and very different from a stock flange.

if it was the adjustable pipe then yeah the stock/fmf would work great

The LRD allows the expansion chamber to sit inside if it. Oh and this is a non adjustable newer one.
Yes, i have had both

the original (adjustable) had a stock like flange that went inside AND outside of the header pipe. put a little silicone and it sealed easily

the new one (non-adjustable) has a stock length throat that leads to a piece that goes on the outside of the pipe.
so basically a stock one with a larger 2" extension on the end.

the new one had to be longer because they actually made the pipe shorter. its shorter because the original one would not fit out of the frame in 1 piece. it had to unfortunately be taken apart. which really sucked if you got it to seal for once (but im sure no one ever did ;))

You had the adjustable pipes iirc. the new flange is much different and very different from a stock flange.

if it was the adjustable pipe then yeah the stock/fmf would work great

I think it's been too long since you've had a stock pipe/flange ?
the stock flange is just stamped steel, and is trapped on the pipe, held on by the welded on end that sits against the crush washer, then compresses it as the bolts are tightened. the pipe seals to the cylinder, not the stock flange. nor does it extend into or over the stock pipe, at all !
to use it for any other pipe would require the same method, flange slid onto pipe, then mating surface for the gasket welded onto the LRD pipe.

Reactions: Fast6hand
I think it's been too long since you've had a stock pipe/flange ?
the stock flange is just stamped steel, and is trapped on the pipe, held on by the welded on end that sits against the crush washer, then compresses it as the bolts are tightened. the pipe seals to the cylinder, not the stock flange.
to use it for any other pipe would require the same method, flange slid onto pipe, then mating surface for the gasket welded onto the LRD pipe.

ah yes it has been a while. either way all i need is the plate with the 2 bolt holes. i doubt anyone would be scared of chopping a stock header

image-jpg.13760
perfect time for him to post these pictures :D

Reactions: Fast6hand
ah yes it has been a while. either way all i need is the plate with the 2 bolt holes. i doubt anyone would be scared of chopping a stock header

again, it's not going to work, it's stamped steel and like hollow on the cylinder side. it will not seal to the cylinder, ever !
it would need slid onto the pipe, then a raised end that matches the crush washer welded to the pipe to trap the flange.

again, it's not going to work, it's stamped steel and like hollow on the cylinder side. it will not seal to the cylinder, ever !
it would need slid onto the pipe, then a raised end that matches the crush washer welded to the pipe to trap the flange.
so not like the good DMC lol.

i just saw one on egay, now i understand :oops:

either way. i dont have crap to do in welding class. if i get around to it i will take my flange off at lunch tomorrow and start building one or two. and maybe try one of the older versions

and i will now silence myself in this thread unless summoned

Reactions: Awk08
so not like the good DMC lol.

i just saw one on egay, now i understand :oops:

either way. i dont have crap to do in welding class. if i get around to it i will take my flange off at lunch tomorrow and start building one or two. and maybe try one of the older versions

and i will now silence myself in this thread unless summoned
Hey willingness to help the small population of leaky LRD pipes is always a plus. Let us know how it turns out.

The original LRD adjustable pipe does indeed fit in an out of frame in one piece, ive done it a hundred times with mine. But op you definitely have new style pipe, given the opportunity I think herp could definitely make you a flange

Reactions: Awk08
The original LRD adjustable pipe does indeed fit in an out of frame in one piece, ive done it a hundred times with mine. But op you definitely have new style pipe, given the opportunity I think herp could definitely make you a flange

I also put the LRD adjustable in/out of the frame multiple times, had to have the flange on the pipe, not the cylinder, then bolt it to the cylinder with the pipe in it already.
it also helps with any pipe to have the lower fender brace completely off

The LRD adjustable is a completely different animal the the stock bend pipes like the dmc. I can leave my flange on the engine also its very tricky but i have it down to a science now lol.