Need input on LT250R

the lt's have some known problems, i forget what they are, but have seen it mentioned enuf, stator or flywheel troubles maybe ????

the 91-92 LT250Rs are awesome, they have the factory gusseted frames, better swinger and rear shock setups.

the only major problems with 87-92 LT250R engines are that they need the exhaust bridge reliefed or they expand and kill pistons(only needs very little removed). and you also need to install billet piston thrust washers. that are cheap

and LT250Rs are not "junk" by any means. looking at that 91 in DEL, dakota? i was considering contacting that seller. it'll be much faster than a blaster, you'll like it

carnz is spot on.. other things.. alot of them were raced mx and have repaired or cracked frames..look that over and the swingarms can crack from massive hits also. they need the negative camber fixed but it is an easy mod you can do and make it handle better, along with flipping the tie rod brackets on the spindles. i have had a few of these..i really like them. make sure the shocks arent pogo sticks as well, but that is kind of obvious with any 20+ year old machine. just thought of it many water pump seals go bad after time..another easy inexpensive fix though.

no mention of flywheel/stator problems from 2 experts, i coulda swore i read that somewhere, but whatta i know, anything but a blaster is jizz

no mention of flywheel/stator problems from 2 experts, i coulda swore i read that somewhere, but whatta i know, anything but a blaster is jizz

no man, i have never had any stator or flywheel problems with any of mine. had one that had electrical issues once in a while. but that was due to an old ratty worn out wiring harness that i replaced with new oem.

the only stator/flywheel issue that I have heard of before is *some* of the 1987 Flywheels rivets were defective and the flywheel would grenade. It wasn't many of them though and the part got superceded quickly. I have an 87 and it still has the 87 flywheel (43B00) and it has not failed yet

LT250R and LT500R share the same stator and flywheel, so the info is relevant to this