Need help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bLuEBLaSTer5104

Sep 26, 2008
HaGeRsToWn, Md
I need some help w/ my other blaster...I put an 03 motor on it so I changed the wiring....now the thing is I eliminated the tors on the carb from the old motor and had put a twist throtte on it.....by the way all you twist throttle haters must can't handle the thrill cuz there awesome....newayz I had installed the idle kit as well....now everthing is hooked up but the tors and the connector from the thumb throttle....Has SPARK..n..COMPRESSION>>>but wont start...wants too but won't...Any suggestions and please help Because I am get on my last nerve lol

the only thing that is missing is fuel. did you rebuild this engine or just swap it from another running bike. the first thing i would check is your float level. mine did the same thing after i rebuilt it turns out the floats were set wrong once i fixed that it fired up in one kick.

basically start from the reeds, check everything behind them, what kinda pipe is on it? has it been sitting for long? could be a nest of some sort plugging it.

if you have spark and comp then your misisng fuel,clean the carb,adjust your float level,check the reeds and if it has been siting for long check for nests in the pipe

Spark, fuel, air, and compression are all critical parts but probably the most over looked is timing and its just as critical as the rest. Check to make sure your flywheel did not come loose and that your stator is wired correctly. I wired my stator up backwards once and it had spark but it was weak and out of time. not to mention it only worked when I turned the motor real slow. My problem was the white wire w/red stripe and the yellow wire w/red stripe were crossed

Thanks guys the motor was bought from a running bike and its intentions were to be rebuilt with perf. mods and then placed on my blaster build 09 blaster....but change of heart I wanna ride now so I installed it on my fiances bike. The carb was rebuilt ast year and we checked the float level and thought it was ok....guess i will recheck it. The pipe is just stock. The stator is wired up correcty...I will check to c if it is loose. How do I check the reeds what do i look for? Thanks again guys

Thanks guys the motor was bought from a running bike and its intentions were to be rebuilt with perf. mods and then placed on my blaster build 09 blaster....but change of heart I wanna ride now so I installed it on my fiances bike. The carb was rebuilt ast year and we checked the float level and thought it was ok....guess i will recheck it. The pipe is just stock. The stator is wired up correcty...I will check to c if it is loose. How do I check the reeds what do i look for? Thanks again guys

The reeds basicly need to rest well against the reedcage, cant have no gaps, sometimes they get a little bent.... and sometimes they just brake.

if you have spark and comp then your misisng fuel,clean the carb,adjust your float level,check the reeds and if it has been siting for long check for nests in the pipe

lol, was already mentioned before you posted, its all good;) if its a bird nest you might have some eggs in there also

i would go with checking timing, my bike has a bad habit of breaking the woodruff key and the flywheel turns slightly on the crank causing to have weak spark but be out of time, once i replace it, it starts right up.

have you tried pulling it with another wheeler or pushing it down a hill and popping the clutch to jump start it???? This will make the motor turn over more then just a "Kick"....

No I haven't tried that....rite now I have the r crankcase cover off, getting ready to install a new clutch n putting a block of plate on. Waiting on tools to arrive yet and I want to check the woodruff key as well so I had to get a fly puller as well....and Iam goin on vac. on thurs sooo I may not have any time ..lol Thanks EVERYONE FOR ALL YOUR HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will keep in touch. I will try to post some pics of the blaster in my Blaster build 09 thread check out the recent pics later then..Thanks

Can those dowel pins come up out of the right crankcase? Cuz my dumbass broke a bolt in one of them...another thing does anyone use any kind of rv sealent when installing the right cover? I have a small oil leak down at the two bolts on that side....dunno y?? thanks