need help with rebuild

hoerter2158

Aug 14, 2007
I rebuilt my motor and it lost compression im taking it apart to see whats wrong. I need to know how the rings go on and everything. Maybe some pics or there direction and what not

let me know how cause i want to get it working again cause it just snowed 6 inches.

the rings wont come off? it seems like there glued on. How can i get them off. The rings openings werent facing the right way. Would cause it to lose compression?

how can i get the rings to spin the right way

the rings wont come off? it seems like there glued on. How can i get them off. The rings openings werent facing the right way. Would cause it to lose compression?

how can i get the rings to spin the right way

Yeah it, if the rings were facing the wrong way, it could potentially scar the inside of the cylinder making you lose compression.

I would use a small flat head screwdriver and try to pry them off without scarring any part of piston and the rings. In addition to that, you want to make sure that your rings don't get bent.

oh oh

The piston is probably smeared over them and has them nice and stuck. How does it look? The rings should be loose, just like when you installed them....

A