need help with my kfx400

I just did a little search and many have been able to remove the seal by bending up the tabs and "simply" removing with needle nose pliers without removing the bearings.

I found a YouTube video that shows how to remove and replace the machcanical seal on a KFX700. The engine is not the same. But the water pump seals may be the same or close. I will post the video shortly

im watching it and its alot different actually. but i mite be able to tap it out. but it does not easily come out...

There are only a couple gaskets you really need, head gasket, top cylinder gasket. The picture shows a different model but basically a good brand top end gasket kit is all you need. Ebay has a good selection of quality Cometic and Tusk top end gasket kits.

just rebuilt the water pump...ran it for 5 mins.....check oil.....milkshake....f*ck.....
Now you know what to do. When you replace the head gasket, make sure you do some "how to" research. Make sure you have the proper tools to meet required torque specs. The most crucial part is timing, aligning timing marks and piston position. If you get in a bind just holler.