Need help please

stacypfingsten

U.S.N. Veteran.
Apr 8, 2014
norcal
So I just drained my engine oil. I was expecting this to be gear oil I guess. I was of the understanding there were 2 types of oil on board. Gear oil and the injected oil. Please help me.

So I just drained my engine oil. I was expecting this to be gear oil I guess. I was of the understanding there were 2 types of oil on board. Gear oil and the injected oil. Please help me.

Yeah that's all. I use 80W Maxima MTL (motorcycle transmission lube) in the engine and premix Maxima semi synthetic 2-stoke oil to pre-mix with my fuel at 4oz/gal. (32:1) I'm pretty sure you can use the Maxima 2-stoke in your injector bottle but most people do an oil injector block-off mod and pre-mix so they don't have to worry about the injector pump failing.

You wanna use a "motorcycle" oil or transmission oil in the gearbox that is for wet clutches, no friction modifiers. A lot of people use 10w30

I use Honda wet clutch trans oil in all of my stuff.

If you know general mechanic stuff from any walk of the automotive world and you "drained the engine oil", you drained the oil in the cases. Unless you went in and took the cover off for the pump and disconnected it there, you didn't drain the injection oil from that location.

I figured it out guys. Thanks for all the advice. Looks like I'll be splitting the case. It leaks just behind the drain.

Well, don't get me wrong. I've seen some Blasters and an LT250R that had the bottom of the cases sealed with epoxy, but I wouldn't do it. That epoxy may set up pretty well, but I'm sure that most people don't clean the oil off of the cases well enough for all of the epoxy that's in contact with the case to actually bond. If you have the means or the money, tear it down and do it correctly.

Well that sucks :( Check that case screws are tight. You could try cleaning the area real good and applying some 3bond to out side, kinda depends how bad it leaks. Only good way is split cases and reseal them.