Need Help On A 2003 Blaster

JimmySmith

May 20, 2008
Victoria VA
Ok so my buddy has a 2003 blaster he bought it for about 400$ with a pipe and a k&N filter on it and when he bought it the bike wouldnt crank at all when ever he would kick start it the bike seemed to have absolutly no compression at all and the brakes are locked up on the rear any suggustions? could the previous owner have blown engine or is it just a part in the engine like the piston?

are you sure its the brake thats locked up or something in the engine? a blown engine sometimes locks sh*t up, or blown tranny.

try pullin the caliper to see if it's the brakes lockin and not the engine, if they're still locked, try spinnin em w/ the clutch pulled in, if it's still locked, it's gotta be your tranny.

as far as the compression, it could be just the rings, but if your tranny is locked, the piston probably chipped and you'll need a new one (good time for a high compression!) as well as new rings and a new break in.
prob a good idea to check the needle bearings and wrist pin too.

ya he tried holding the clutch in so you guys say a tranny is the reason the bike has no compression when he tries and kick start it and thats why it locked up?

no, tranny doesnt have anything to do with compression. compression is all about the piston and piston rings. if it turns over/kicks really easy and doesnt want to start, its compression like you say.

but...the way you say the drive terrain is locked up, it is either the brake itself(which would be good because thats cheaper) or the tranny being screwed up. so if you take off the rear brake so its not that, and hold the clutch and the rear wheels dont spin, you have a tranny problem. tell your friend to start savin up. but if it does spin with the clutch pulled, then its something to do with the engine itself and i have no idea. ill stop there lol.

thanks a bunch for the info ill definally tell him this just curious how much is a whole new piston set like with the hardwear and everything so all i have to do is put it in the motor