Need help finding stock airbox without breaking the bank

spcdlee02

Apr 30, 2013
I bought a 88 blaster that I am trying to get running right again. One thing I have found on it is that I HATE the pod filter. I have a lot of mud puddles that I have to avoid due to this.

As I am not a racer and simply enjoy a good ride through the fields, I don't want to go nuts on cost. I have looked on Ebay and the pickings are slim. I cannot find the complete stock assembly anywhere except parts suppliers that want an arm and a leg and my first born for them.

Any ideas where to look for one?

Exactly.The air box is part of the rear fenders so a new set of rear plastics will fix it.But you may be in luck.I am pretty sure I have a white one I cut out of my fenders to fit a cfm airbox.I will check for it,if you want it you can have it for shipping costs.I may or may not have the filter cage and nut though(a screw and plastic cage that keeps the filters shape). I will check later and let you know.

Sorry guys, should have been more specific with needs. The rear fender is fully intact. All parts to a stock filter have been taken off and a pod put back.

I might have that little cage and bolt to it.. I'm not sure exactly what you need though.. any way of you looking up a pic for it and showing us..

I think i have everything you need.pm me with a number so i can send you pics..

this is the picture of what I don't have and what I am after, all pieces to the air intake system

Attachments

• intake.jpg
    intake.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 212
I have the boot from the carb to the airbox,the rubber seal and metal ring to seal it and a new filter.I do not have the cage and nut for the filter.If you can't find it all at once let me know.

Thanks for the replies guys. I found a full system on Ebay (finally). $40 with free shipping.