Need a new helmet...

JonS

Mar 27, 2010
Now, I'm sure that I'm not the only person on this forum that has to wear glasses. My problem though is that my current Answer helmet does not accommodate my specs. I either have to not use the helmet or wear it and be blind as a bat. I normally would have a pair of contacts for riding, but now I don't.

How do you guys deal with the issue? Full face motorcycle helmet with fold down visor? Helmet with special cutouts for glasses? Would the full face be too damn hot in the Summer time?

Last edited:
Before I had contacts I just went shopping for a helment with my glasses until I found one that fit good and allowed the glasses to slide in after putting the helment on.

Before I had contacts I just went shopping for a helment with my glasses until I found one that fit good and allowed the glasses to slide in after putting the helment on.

well, it would be hard for me to go shopping for a helmet w/o hearing someone else opinion. the dealer is like 35-40 miles away so i'm not just gonna go look at what they have. i'd probably have to order off the internet anyway.

those are nice helmets, but i can't wear my goggles either. so they would not be what i'm looking for.

Bro, I wear glasses too, or i'm blind as hell! I just put my helmet on and slide my glasses on then put my googles on over them. They do make prescription googles!

Bro, I wear glasses too, or i'm blind as hell! I just put my helmet on and slide my glasses on then put my googles on over them. They do make prescription googles!

sounds easy but my helmet presses my glasses to the point of almost bending them. i ain't gonna try to slide the goggles on.

I didnt know prescription goggles existed but that sounds like the way to go. If your saying that your glasses barely fit in between your head and the helmet and almost bend them. Sounds like you need new a larger helmet to me.

sweet sh*t dude. i'll have to give my eye doctor a call to find my numbers. rep coming. I:I

edit: i have to spread some more around first lol.

I have that same issue!!! I am waiting on my set to ship to me so tired of messing with glasses! And awk mountain has a $250 set of glasses somewhere along the ride!

slick, please let me know how you like them and if they stretch over your helmet easy enough like a pair of scott goggles. also, if you can actually see worth a flip.

slick, please let me know how you like them and if they stretch over your helmet easy enough like a pair of scott goggles. also, if you can actually see worth a flip.

For sure! I'm curoius to see how the fogging effect goes, I hate that!

I didnt know prescription goggles existed but that sounds like the way to go. If your saying that your glasses barely fit in between your head and the helmet and almost bend them. Sounds like you need new a larger helmet to me.

Or a smaller head.:)

On the lighter side, I use a full face with visor, bit more room in it for the specs.

On the down side the visor does tend to fog up some.