Need 2003+ STOCK Front UPPER A-Arms, ASAP!

TechBlaster

Just say NO to "Stock"
Aug 6, 2009
MY TOWN, PA
I need just the front Upper A-Arms, MUST have the ball joint that has the threaded bolt for a nut/pin, not the solid plunger end that gets compressed in the spindle for the pre 2003 models...

Anyone have left and right upper for me ASAP????? :-/:-/:-/

Holla... I:I

i thought all blasters used the pinch style on top ????
and banshees were the ones that use the threaded style ????

if fact heres a link to an 04 yfs200 blaster from bike bandit and it shows the pinch bolt on top ?????
2004 Yamaha YFS200S BLASTER Parts, 2004 Yamaha YFS200S BLASTER OEM Parts - BikeBandit.com

heres the pic...............
1sehxs.jpg

i think you need to ream and cross drill that spindle to accept our pinch bolt ball joint, not sure if there is a DIY on it or not ???
but some members have done it, i believe dualstroke can steer you right, and also what size reamer to buy ????

That is where I am totally confused.
Not the A-Arms that have me confused but the 2003+ Blaster front Hydro spindles that look like they call for the bolt joints, not plungers, what the F am I missing here???? Does not look like the plunger ball joints will mate to my 2003 + blaster front spindles????

Lost... Was working on this for a while yesterday and just cannot make sense of it.
Also, tell me, with the 2003 + front end are the tie rods upside down? Ball joints go in from bottom to top as opposed to pre 2003 going in top to bottom??

You've got banshee spindles....

They have taper ball joints upper and lower and the tie rod ends come in from the bottom instead of the top like the blasty.

Also, the banshee spindle has a different angle between the spindle and the ball joints. Unless you have a-arms made that are the correct length, the spindles will leave you with MASSIVE camber

You've got banshee spindles....

They have taper ball joints upper and lower and the tie rod ends come in from the bottom instead of the top like the blasty.

Ohhhhh, that makes a bit more sense now, hmmm...
Dude I got um from had a few blasters, this setup came off of one of them, no plastics, etc he just called it a 2003+ roller with brakes, and i took the front setup. Hubs were purple, factory, that was a shee color??? Thought not.

So guess I am fine with flipping the tie rods upside down to mount, no biggie, but where to go with the upper a arm taper joint holes???

norman420 spindles ...........FTW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
contact him on here, it goes straight to his email and he usually responds asap

very sweet pieces, bolt right to our a-arms, and make this swap a breeze !!!!!!!!!!!
i run them on both my shizzles

Yeah, been talkin' with Norm about the swap earlier, when I thought i had a blaster stock front hydro setup, Sent him an email, he will get me hooked up, no doubt, thx Bro's, trying to get my Blaster back together with the front hydro's, NEED TO RIDE!!!! I:I

Now that I think about it, that kinda sucks, just bought NEW pads for the cali's, will those pads work in the shee cali's too or different???

as i know of all yamaha sport quads use the same calipers, i'm running rappy's on one and shee's on the other and they both use the same 2 pin pads

Many of the non-sport quad calipers will work too. I know the kodiak and big bears use the 2 pin calipers.

Honda sport quads use the 2 pin calipers.

Some kawasaki utility (my prairie does but my bayou DOES NOT) and sport quads use the 2 pin calipers also.

as i know of all yamaha sport quads use the same calipers, i'm running rappy's on one and shee's on the other and they both use the same 2 pin pads

Saweeeeet, hoping I was able to use these fresh a$$ new pads, thx bro.

Thx for the help guys, this was buggin' the ish outta me, was wondering what the F was going on here.

Also, quick question, does the shee front hydsros have that built in drilled disc guard cover like the blasters also? I thought not, another reason why i swore these were blaster brakes???
Correction, guess so huh??
Shee guards

How about the front hubs? Guess they are SHEE hubs, does that change my front bolt pattern or stay the same as blaster, still able to run by blaster front wheels, etc???

Last edited by a moderator: