Neck Brace or Chest Protector

blastyrider

Nov 28, 2010
Hey guys, i got more money together and i need a new pair of protectors. I'm going to be racing this season and i was wondering whether you thought which one would be best to race with.

Both would be the correct answer, but if u could only have 1 get the neck brace..a rock to the chest feels better than a broken neck :{

ok, i was going to do this, but if i do i will have to keep my old chest protectors to get a neck brace unless i can talk to my mom or dad to help me out. but the protectors are not in that bad of shape, but i can wear the chest protectors underneath my jersey right?

ok, i was going to do this, but if i do i will have to keep my old chest protectors to get a neck brace unless i can talk to my mom or dad to help me out. but the protectors are not in that bad of shape, but i can wear the chest protectors underneath my jersey right?

if your racing competitively im sure if you talk to your parents they will have no problem getting you the gear you need to compete safely... im sure they rather pay for a neck brace or chest protector than a funeral

yehh, but they already ha to get me all new gear because all my old stuff was too small. Like i had to get new pants, jersey, glove, helmet, and goggles.

Not all chest protecters will work with neck braces...some can be modded to work.

all blue and white gear.... then a bright red protector. lol but il probably really clean it up and put my number on it once i get it.

all blue and white gear.... then a bright red protector. lol but il probably really clean it up and put my number on it once i get it.

you could always get your chest protector wrapped

Motoskinz.com | Wrap That Rascal! its my buddys buisness.. they do custom vynle wraps.. you would get a custom wrap done on it to make it match your gear or something custom to make it stand out

I'm looking but no neck braces say if they work with chest protectors. do any of you know one's that do?

if I were you I would just save u and get a leatt of and alpinestars neck brace.
they are more expensive, but they are the best out there. either on will run you about 200$

4cfed. Where is your friend located that has the wrap biz. I emailed him but wanted to know if it was driving distance that i can drop off the plastic to him. Save me shipping. Lemme know...

i was gonna just get a neck pad because my dad doesn't wanna help and he doesn't want me to spend a crap load of money because he wants me to get a new chain and other things so im gonna try to just bug my mom

There's one more thing gear wise that i think gets overlooked most often (from what i have seen), especially for the dirt bike riders are knee braces. They will save ur knee's so later in life they wont kick you in the ass, i wish i had a set at the start of last season (torn ACL, 6 months recovery + rehab minimum). I would place a neck brace over the knee braces however, but i wouldnt overlook getting a set.