My pickup sunday

nboldman

Feb 5, 2012
Kentland, Indiana
got this on sunday for 500. not great but my first blaster. already bought some plastics, now about those rear brakes.....
2012-02-07151448.jpg

Last edited:
Not to shabby, the tires on the front come stock on a warrior. How does it run?

Not to shabby, the tires on the front come stock on a warrior. How does it run?
After a simple carb adjustment it runs great! i want to get the run switch hooked up again but have no idea where to begin. The only thing that went wrong was today during a ride the shifter got stuck in third and wont come out

i think it may be a little low on fluid as well, what kind of transmission fluid goes in it? bad part was i was 2 miles away from my house and had to ride it back in third gear the whole way.

The cheapest that works and is readily available is Type F!
I use bel ray gear saver.

Best way to do it is to remove all the old (Which would be necessary anyhow if you need to replace that shift shaft!)and put 650ML back in, that way you know it is at the correct level!

BTW- welcome the the Blaster gang!

Welcome aboard.

Others run plain old 10W30 4 stroke engine oil with no friction modifiers.

Yamalube 4 is the recommended oil to run.

welcome.... what part of the state do you hail from, im over in muncie... i use the mobil one 4t racing 10w-40, but its really just your personal preference....

also, check into making or purchasing a leak-down tester (slickerthanyou sells em).... this tool lets you know if your engine has an airleak, which is detrimental to our blasters.... im sure if you search for leak-down test, you will see what i mean.... my blaster was running great (so i thought) when i got it, but an airleak destroyed the piston in about a months time... just some word to the wise...

as for rear brakes, awk08 is a reputable member who sells modified gsxr rear brake setup that i believe just bolts on.... im getting one as soon as i have some moola lol

welcome.... what part of the state do you hail from, im over in muncie... i use the mobil one 4t racing 10w-40, but its really just your personal preference....

also, check into making or purchasing a leak-down tester (slickerthanyou sells em).... this tool lets you know if your engine has an airleak, which is detrimental to our blasters.... im sure if you search for leak-down test, you will see what i mean.... my blaster was running great (so i thought) when i got it, but an airleak destroyed the piston in about a months time... just some word to the wise...

as for rear brakes, awk08 is a reputable member who sells modified gsxr rear brake setup that i believe just bolts on.... im getting one as soon as i have some moola lol

rensselaer is where i hail from. and i just put in my order for his brakes! i will look into the air tester. out of money now that i just bought those brakes haha :)