my new quad

kickindirt57f

Jun 15, 2009
Nebraska
YEp just got a new quad i like it alot better than the blaster it has so much more torque and more comfortable ride i have to say i think im done with the blaster which will be for sale after it gets rebuilt AGAIN! Its just so much more fun to me anyway some of the aftermarket things it has is a hotcams stage 2 cam,fmf turbine 4 exhaust, renthal fat bar and a fmf seat cover i mean there still alot of stuff i want to do 2 it to make it nicer though but i like it!I:I
82310018.jpg

I'm in the same boat dude.... I just give up with the blaster.
Not gonna sell her, tried and its just not worth it... she's gonna sit in storage... maybe someday I'll look at it and be like "hey I think I'll build this"

But for now its back to dirt bikes... so much cheaper and easier to ride aggressive.
Unless say a shee or 250r pops up for $1000, which is highly unlikely in my area.
Or maybe I'll pick up a sled so me and my buddies can all ride this winter....

ya ik im tired of building after i did it all the work and all the money i put in it im just done the reason im selling it is cause my dad selling his suzuki quadrunner 500 4x4 and is getting a kawasaki brute force probaly a 750 at that so since he did buy that as a present for me im letting him sell it so its more money for a brute force:D and ik i like the look better than the new ones

Youve got a pretty nice one but... i like mine more ;).. theyre alot more comfortable too arent they.and yea ik what u mean with the torque, mine is a 440 with white bro and stage 2 hotcams,houser +2 arms, yada yada yada you dont care lol

nice, do those have reverse? it's fun to have reverse sometimes :D I get tired of moving the other bikes around in tight spots where I can't spin it with throttle (parking at home for example lol)

glad you're happy with it dude but it makes me laugh to hear guys say they "give up" or " have had enough" of the blaster. i love mine and wouldnt trade it for a 400ex ever, my blaster is faster, lighter, cheaper, more of a fun experience and every bit as reliable, it has never let me down. but like i said to each his own and hope you enjoy it, the brute force will put a smile on your face i assure you lol.

Yeah, not to be a Richard Head but I totally agree with NOOB, completely, WTF guys????
Come on guys, what is this thread, bash the blaster and promote the 4 pokin honda's????

Think you meant to do that here:
400EX Rules

As NOOB said, a blaster well kept and maintained, cared for, etc will be as reliable, if not more, than any other quad you choose to ride, even if it is a poor ol' 4 poker, haha. My Blaster has been ooober reliable and also a blast to own and ride, it all depends on how you set yours up and what pride you take in keeping it right, well maintained and kept. I would never trade my blaster for a 400ex, or any other 4 stroke quad, period. I may own a nice 450, or something of sort, someday, but my blaster will still be in the family, by all means. And, they are cheap and very easy to maintain and work on, we all know that.

So, nice 400 ya got there, good luck with it, but no bashy bashy on the blasty round here, capiche?!?!?!?!?! I:I

This is the Blaster Forum, the the Blaster and 400EX forum, right????
Right...

You are welcome to (hang out) with us but careful what your lips smack out.

Reason why I give up is the last summer it has been nothing but a bag of problems....

It was a soild quad, allways cared for... but when you really start pushing them and riding as hard as you can, things break. My frame is cracked, bent, motor mounts obliterated, a-arms toasted, and also constant air leaks and jetting problems.

Not dissing a blaster at all... they are loads of fun.

But before you build, do some research. Build the frame first, gusset gusset gusset and reinforce the engine mounts. Then aftermarket a-arms and replace the pogo sticks with at least some works. Then when you have the cash you can worry about the engine and other things.

Honestly for a broke ass kid like me.... its not really worth it, theres much better platforms to start with that the blaster could never dream of touching.

Ride your blaster, have fun, enjoy it for what it is :) I've enjoyed mine very much.
And theres nothing wrong with building a blaster, they are tons of fun to mod.. just research and do it right the first time.

But for now, I'm moving on. Maybe next year I can do a full build, who knows ;)

Im not bashing on the blaster i just think it is time to move on to something new the reason why i said im done with the blaster is caused i pissed i have to rebuild the blaster again cause money dont grow on trees:eek: and i do take care of my four wheelers ok just to get that clear but anyway im not bashing on the blaster if u guys love the blaster good for u more power to ya cause its not what u ride that is important as long as u rideB) thats my 2 cents.

05 blaster
ya ya ik but i just got mine we will see when i get mine build up k;)
basshed the year i have doesnt but i believe that the newer ones do.
the brute force wont be mine it will be my dads but im sure he will like it have to race it sumtimeI:I

And when you ride a bigger machine without spending thousand of bucks to make it more comfortable or faster, it really puts a smile on yours face..Im proud of the work i did on my blaster, but everytime i ride my dads stock ds650, it just insane, do the big 3 in that thing and IMO no blaster that aint a dragger is gonna touch it...Plus you put 2gs on it to sell it for 1.5k tops....wtf...

Its a good quad, but for some people it aint enough, thats why there are biggger bikes, if not everyone would ride blsters and not shees or mod the blasters and not ride anything else.

ya dude i got my dvx and i would never sell it for a smaller quad. obv the WORKED blastys could prob get me up top but you dont need to rev em up to get power. im only doing mine to screw around with, race some hair scrambles then/sell trade for a stand up jet-ski!! hahaha the 400's ya there heavier, more expensive to mod/own/work on etc but the power is great! and the small blaster would be fun to poke around on and pretty much f*ck around on...
not going to get on anyones bad side...but you honestly cant compare the 2...

for all you guys who say youre giving up... just leave blasterforum. or better yet, do this... blow a top end on a 4 stroke and blow a top end on a blaster. then pay for a top end for both of them and install it. then come back and tell me which one was cheaper and easier to rebuild

i had a blaster that was modified with widened a arms axel motor boared reeds pipe silencer ect it was fun to have and ride. but didnt fit me rite so i traded it for a blown 400ex and am curently rebuilding that. maybe when that is finished ill build a rat rod style blaster ugly but fast.B)

bagds ive rebuild both 4 strokes and 2 strokes ya its a little more complicated to rebuild a 4 stroke but it aint that damn hard if you know how to do it dumbass and ya its also cheaper to build a 2 stroke and ur point being what??? do u not think ik that hmmX( ...
and holeshot man im younger than u so...

for all you guys who say youre giving up... just leave blasterforum. or better yet, do this... blow a top end on a 4 stroke and blow a top end on a blaster. then pay for a top end for both of them and install it. then come back and tell me which one was cheaper and easier to rebuild

LMAO.....if everyone cared for the price of a rebuild, everyone would be driving blasters or chinese quads.....

So let me get this straight....you prefer to be on a old honda civic becuz its cheaper to rebuild then the new camaros??? Thats what you are saying.

Nothing more, i just owned you

I you can't rebuild a 4stroke thats why you buy a bigger 2stroke :)

Hondas unicams are pretty easy for what they are, the dohc's are a nightmare for sure.... but its do-able.

Maintenance is the big key to these modern 4strokes, and a huge pain compared to 2strokes. But if you want it to hold together you just have to do it.