My New Project

JCriscim

Sep 5, 2012
S.E. Wisconsin
I'm new to the forum, but i just picked up this rolling chassis and figured this would be a great place to get some advice on any problems i run into. As you can see, the quad is missing alot of stuff, like a motor. I only paid $30 for the whole thing, and a box of parts, including a head, two carbs, exhaust, more plastics, and alot of misc stuff. I do alot of trail riding, but theyre pretty calm trails, so i want to set it up for fast and fun!! Im kind of a bigger guy and these blaster are pretty tippy so i was thinking of putting lowering brackers on and wider a-arms. any ideas on what to use? Any advice is greatly appreciated. I:I
7628-blaster-chassis.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum and hay a blasty project. woohoo

There are people on here that have plenty of parts to buy and if you have extra stuff, you sell or swap for what you need.
best thing, is write down or take pictures of all the engine stuff you have. and then you can figure out what you need.
Id start with engine first. and if you like painting and sanding, then thats something to do, while you wait to get parts or between waiting.

Some wheeling and dealing, and you might be able to get what you need for under $300.

Sporty

Thanks, man. that manual will deffinetely come in very handy. and yes i am trying to get the engine first, but it's ungodly difficult to come accross a complete yfs200 for sale. i don't want to rebuild an engine or buy a bottom end and a top end and scrap one together.

Last edited:
Thanks, man. that manual will deffinetely come in very handy. and yes i am trying to get the engine first, but it's ungodly difficult to come accross a complete ysf200 for sale.

you are not likely to get a complete engine for under $400, they seem to be asking on e-bay for more than that.

So, if you got the money, that might be the best route to go.

other wise its wheel and deal for parts and buy pieces here and there and try craigslist for your area.

Sporty

dont forget to donate something please.

you are not likely to get a complete engine for under $400, they seem to be asking on e-bay for more than that.

So, if you got the money, that might be the best route to go.

other wise its wheel and deal for parts and buy pieces here and there and try craigslist for your area.

Sporty

dont forget to donate something please.
yeah, thats the problem. i can't find anything near me, but i did find a complete, freshly rebuilt and bored out engine in texas for 500. (with papers) but when i spoke to the guy on the phone he really didn't come off as the type of guy that i want to do business with if you know what i mean. and I think it's because i'm so new but the forum will not let me post a WTB add...hmm

yeah, thats the problem. i can't find anything near me, but i did find a complete, freshly rebuilt and bored out engine in texas for 500. (with papers) but when i spoke to the guy on the phone he really didn't come off as the type of guy that i want to do business with if you know what i mean. and I think it's because i'm so new but the forum will not let me post a WTB add...hmm

there are a few big blasty parts guys in wiscounsin, I found them on craigslist.

Sporty

the only way you can post there, is you either have to have 300 post, or be a supporting member (up top subsrciptions) donating.

Sporty

i better get chattin`! and do you know if any of those blasty guys would possibly have motor, or would you happen to have some contact info?

we have lots of parts for sale, but you must pay your dues or put in the time to buy/sell here.