my front brakes are still messed up

trailripper1500

Feb 16, 2008
Hope Valley RI
i bought new shoes for my front brakes, and they won't work at all! i took the springs off my hub adjusters, bent them back, and the adjuster still sucks. inside the equalizer box, when i apply the brake, the right front side moves, but the front left doesn't at all. i don't have a lot of money, and i want to ride, Dammit ! I just bought the thing and i can't even ride it!

is the brake cable thats not moving broke or in a bind, did you adjust it on the lever also it might have some play from the main cable to the split in the box

just tighten things up and lubricate, and if it dont work try buying a cable there only like 10$, at least at the local yamidealer in cadillac, MI there 10$, but if the arms on the wheel hub are free of bind and the handle leaver is free too its a cable malfunction, also there is a cam thing that twists and spreads the shoes apart, is that smooshed or brocken or disfigured in any way? you should be able to tighten them to work if its just sloppy, anything else is... well i think you get it, time to break out the cash. i suggest a can of penetrating oil first off thow, on anything that moves give it a squirt, but dont let it get to the shoes.

also if your dedicated enough and are familiar with downshifting...... ride homie ride!!!!!! forget the brakes and enjoy the ride, also you probably have back breaks right? just use them for now.

also if your dedicated enough and are familiar with downshifting...... ride homie ride!!!!!! forget the brakes and enjoy the ride, also you probably have back breaks right? just use them for now.

i agree, i ripped my back brake off cuz ive been having problems with it and i just bought new shoes in the front so im all set for awhile lol

Hell i have only 1 working brake,my left front,but broke atm so f*ck.