My build

MTN13

Oct 24, 2008
Michigan/ Ohio
I'm not sure if this is where i can post this here but i thought i would share with you guys some pics of the rebuild i'm in the middle of lmk what you guys think

001-2.jpg

002-2.jpg

003-1.jpg

004-2.jpg

005-2.jpg

006-1.jpg

I had the frame powdercoated gloss black, +4 swingarm, dg nerfs, blingstar front bumper, and then i got some stuff done to the engine

the engine has been bored over .040 and it has a 3mm stroker, ported by flowtek, and head milled by flowtek, weisco top end kit, v-force 3 reeds, and for right now i have a fmf fatty pipe with a powercore 2 silencer, but im not sure if im gonna keep it or not

looks pretty good, but why not get the shocks cleaned up and the steering stem

i will once i get a rolling chassis, my bath tub does not make a suitable location to clean off dirt it just clogs the drain so i have to take it to a quick wash and some simple green.

the frame cost $60 for the bead blasting, and $100 for the powdercoat

Lookin good man. That simple green is some amazing stuff isnt it?! Spray down the engine with some tire foam and itll shine right up better than new.

Lookin good man. That simple green is some amazing stuff isnt it?! Spray down the engine with some tire foam and itll shine right up better than new.

thanks for the advice i'll have to try that

And thanks for the compliments everyone, i also can't wait to get it all back together, i have not been able to ride since like august

LOOKS good. how are u going to get it out of the house one assembled???? mine is at the pc right now, hot pink!

That would be an interesting color!! i'm probably not going to assemble any more of it right now, until i can get it outside and make it a roller and then get it to my buddys garage so i can finish it up.

stil waiting on a new chain, the reeds and i still need to buy some rear tires and wheels

i wonder if theres any advantages of running your shocks upside down?
i know on dirtbikes the new ones are basically a shock upside down
Btw good lookin bike, i want to get my frame polished chrome

No update really, i was suposed to have it all back together by now but kind of ran into a wall. I don't have a garage to work in here at school so i had to take everything back home to put in my garage there and can only work on it on the weekends i'm up there, pretty damn frustrating.

I also found out that the drain plug hole got stripped out so i had to helicoil that before i could put it back in the chassis.

I bought some ITP wheels 10x8 for $75, they are like brand new used once, and some maxxis razr 20x11x10 rear tires, so that pretty much finishes everything that i wanted to buy for it (right now) so all i really have to do is put it back toegther.

I'll get some pics up of the roller tomorrow possibly. I also added up my expense sheet and definatly spent more then i ever thoguht i would