my blasters kick start wont kick

bkblaster

Jul 21, 2009
Barrie Ontario
i just got my blaster going today and it already died and has another thing wrong with it after one day i just put a new plug in and drained the old gas from the carb to get it going now the kick start wont kick or move at all when you try and kick it its like its locked if anyone has any ideas please reply thanks or if you know whats wrong? or if you know how to fix it

I dont wanna scare ya but your might have piston broke and hung up the crank. pull your exhaust and reeds and look in to see if you can see anything broken.

ok it could be a number of things it could be a broken piston it could be siezed ur kick start gear could have broke and bined up but just take your head off and look down and see if you can see anything worst comes to worst pull ur whole top end off and see whats wrong u might need a new top end and u might end up having to hone out your cylinder and like ready2rev said pull of ur clutch and see if something i bound up

I'm having the same problem with mine.....well, actually, its my brothers, so I'm in a bit of trouble... but my brother unhooked the fuel injection for some reason so the gas and oil need to be mixed. I put gas in it one time and didn't pre mix the gas and oil, i just put them in seperate cuz i was in a rush, stupid, I know, but I didn't think one time would mess it up much, obviously I was wrong. But now I'm having the same problem, it wont kick and also it pushes really really hard, even in neutral and even with the clutch in. Think its the same problem?

I'm having the same problem with mine.....well, actually, its my brothers, so I'm in a bit of trouble... but my brother unhooked the fuel injection for some reason so the gas and oil need to be mixed. I put gas in it one time and didn't pre mix the gas and oil, i just put them in seperate cuz i was in a rush, stupid, I know, but I didn't think one time would mess it up much, obviously I was wrong. But now I'm having the same problem, it wont kick and also it pushes really really hard, even in neutral and even with the clutch in. Think its the same problem?

sounds like you owe your brother a new top end. you definately cooked it. rough way to learn but now you know, the premix ratio must be done correctly.

well at least he lives out of state..... what should i do first?

you need to take the head and cylinder off and take it to a machine shop. they will tell you how much it needs to be bored out, then you need a new piston set to match the size the fresh bore is going to be. you're looking at roughly $90 for a good wiseco piston kit, $30 for quality gaskets and the bore should cost ya around $50-$70 dependeing on how bad the machine shop wants to hose you.

for the guy who put just gas in it you defenatly cooked the motor i know i hope i never do somethink like that bummer