My blaster wont run

bkblaster

Jul 21, 2009
Barrie Ontario
hey everyone i just bought a 1988 yamaha blaster 2 stroke 200cc i was riding the other night and i ran outta gas i put more gas in the tank mixed because there is no oil injection but it wont start it use to start first kick everytime, someone please help. Alot of people told me something might have gotten sucked through when it was on empty into the air filter but idont know so if anyone has any ideas please respond

did you by some crazy chance accidentially turn your fuel off at the petcock? if not start with the basics, 1- spark 2-is it getting fuel 3-do you have good compression. what ratio are you mixing your gas? have you tried a new plug yet? taken your carb apart for a cleaning? more info please lol :D

well I dought it sucked anything in to the air filter thats what your airfilter is for catching dirt particle and small dabrie and what not I would just sugest kicking the sh*t out of it make sure your choke is pulled and that carb will eventually prime itself make sure you got spark but that all i can think of if that dont help im sure someone else on here might know more

make sure the petcock is on, pull the hose from the carb to see if it's gettin gas, then unscrew the small screw on the bottom back of the carb bowl, near the overflow hose, thats the drain for the fuel bowl, that'll clean any junk outta there, and also tell ya if your gettin gas to there, if not try tappin on the carb bowl with the end of a screwdriver in case your float is stuck, if your gettin gas to there, could be dirt in your jets, check your plug to see if its gettin wet, if it's not, you still have a fuel prob.
better pull the carb and give it a good cleanin, search for "how to clean your carb" on here

there is spark on the plug and the carb is getting gas its almost starting but not queit yet im hoping that it is just flooded maybe? and the air filter is fine so i dont know what is wrong

just drop a new plug in there just for kicks. could just be fouled. you can still get spark on a bad plug sometimes, its just to sh*ty to run. or you can use a torch on that plug and heat it up to unfoul it.

If its flooded, try a new plug hold the throttle wide open and kick it over. If it keeps on flooding, the needle in the carb is probably stuck.

ok thanks and im getting a new plug today just incase its starting now but dies after about 15 seconds of idoling and warming up the petcock is on and the carb is getting gas so hopefully tonight when i get home from work it will start cuz it started this morning but what do i do if the needle in the carb is stuck?

ok thanks and im getting a new plug today just incase its starting now but dies after about 15 seconds of idoling and warming up the petcock is on and the carb is getting gas so hopefully tonight when i get home from work it will start cuz it started this morning but what do i do if the needle in the carb is stuck?

Open your carb at the scew part where the needle sits and clean her out. The best would be if you cleaned the hole carb

A guy I work with his boy races a two stroke 85 and we were talking about bikes floading out and what not the other night and a thing he said they do is lean the bike on its left side or something like that...think he was saying it makes the gas run out of the carb or sumthin.... haha hell I really dont know if you could do this on the blaster or not but im sure someone that races thats to try and get a bike started real quick might know

A guy I work with his boy races a two stroke 85 and we were talking about bikes floading out and what not the other night and a thing he said they do is lean the bike on its left side or something like that...think he was saying it makes the gas run out of the carb or sumthin.... haha hell I really dont know if you could do this on the blaster or not but im sure someone that races thats to try and get a bike started real quick might know

All that does is drain the gas out of the bowl on the carb, it comes out of the over flow tube or spout if you don't have a line attached lol. For the other guy with the problem, also check your tank vents...not sure if the blaster has them. The floats in the carb could also be stick preventing the needle to re-seat back. Another problem is that your slide pin and venturi of the carb might be worn out therefore releasing too much gas( not very common if this problem just happened, ususally gradual)...... start with a good carb cleaning first.