My blaster isn't running right...please help

mpato24

Apr 28, 2010
I have a 2005 yamaha blaster and its not running right at all...it starts right up and idles good but has no power at all in gear...it seems like half way through first gear the quad looses all power and starts bogging real bad and does that for every other gear. I cleaned the carb twice and changed the plug and checked the reeds.
Could it have anything to do with the coil or plug wire? thanks

fairly simular prob, 05 just removed the vitos kit, rebuilt carb with stock internals, fires up, idles low runs pretty good, but when i put it under load it bogs, i back off and it'll wind out, next gear right back in the gas it'lll still bog till i back off, it goes but at like 60-75 percent. then it idles way high. changed the reeds, checked for air leaks- nothing???!?? wtf?!

i have the very same problem... new cylinder bore and piston and at about 60% throttle plus, it does the same thing, in every gear. NO tors, no parking brake, not the stator or magneto or key... not the carb, not the air filter. no leaks.... i cant figure it out im stumped could it be the cdi unit computer thing?? is it common for those to go bad??

fairly simular prob, 05 just removed the vitos kit, rebuilt carb with stock internals, fires up, idles low runs pretty good, but when i put it under load it bogs, i back off and it'll wind out, next gear right back in the gas it'lll still bog till i back off, it goes but at like 60-75 percent. then it idles way high. changed the reeds, checked for air leaks- nothing???!?? wtf?!

Uf you didn't change your jetting that is your problem,suprised it even started

check your primary coil underthe seat and test it with an ohmmeter according to your manual if you have one. mine was bad and my blaster
ran like sh*t until i changed it it was a brand new machine after that.