My Banshee

ya, there isn't any good hi output stators that last for the banshee.
plus i dont have a need for more watts since i am using LED bulbs mainly. plan on switch out the rear to a brake light LED, just need to get the sensors for the brakes too.

cleaning the grab bar

SS bolts
Photo0459.jpg

I bought the same set.
My motor mount studs/nuts were mismatched were yours?
Looking good brother!

not that i remember. only problem i had with that kit was the rear shock bolts and the upper radiator bolt/left steering steem bushing bolt. i did strip some of the bolts but they are still useable.

how are you keeping the led bulbs to last? i found the sloppy voltage from the stator blows them pretty quickly , and the stock regulator doesnt do a great job at what its supposed to do . before i do led's again i'll get those led load simulators for each headlight and the taillight .

i just installed them, haven't had a chance to ride with them, but they are made for ac current. that is the difference. i noticed when i rev the engine, the brightness doesn't change.
i should hopely be getting my shocks soon so i can ride.
also i only paid $10 for both bulbs, not a whole lot. i also have 3 more sets of bulbs in route, different colors lol.

how are you keeping the led bulbs to last? i found the sloppy voltage from the stator blows them pretty quickly , and the stock regulator doesnt do a great job at what its supposed to do . before i do led's again i'll get those led load simulators for each headlight and the taillight .

i had the same problem. everyone said that the led ones r sweet so i bought them and put them in. went over and kicked the blasty over and they came on bright as crap then just went out. so i put them back in the plastic and took them back to walmart to exchange for normal ones :D

on my 3rd set of normal ones though cause i keep getting them wet lol. sealing up the housings next time i get it out

yeah mine worked fine for a couple short break in rides , then the individual bulbs in the led housing started blowing until over half were out . YB200 ( gasp I said his name !!!) had the same problem . I'm curious how you get AC bulbs to work on 12v dc current?
Its not the current or the draw thats the problem . The Problem is that LED's have almost NO resistance , its in the microamps range , so a voltage spike cooks them . Now the Stator Produces A/C current , and its rectified to 12v dc . The Quality of the sinewave coming from the stator is terrible , especially for sensitive electronics , I'd never direct power run a trail tech or gps from the bikes stator ( even if it could handle the load ) . There are devices you can wire between the stator and 12v regulator that clean up the sinewave and make it more stable , but its not really worth your time or money unless you add a battery to the system . The entire problem lies within the crankshaft speed and how often that speed changes , idles enough to produce just enough current to run everything , then its at 9000 rpm and producing a assload of voltage that does get passed the regulator and causes spikes . I'm gonna try these LED load simulators , they absorb or " simulate " 20 watts , and only allow 3-4 watts to pass through them . That might cure the Blow-out problem .

got the shocks installed
Photo1130.jpg

Photo1131.jpg

Photo1132.jpg

also going from warm white to green lights, might change again, have pure white and more green lights coming
Photo1133.jpg

Photo1134.jpg

Photo1135.jpg

and just some pictures
Photo1136.jpg

Photo1139.jpg

Photo1138.jpg

Looking good! Like the shocks! Did you fabb the light mountings or did they came with the lights?

those are trail tech lights, they mount in the stock lighting position. those were $150. i could have gotten the HID trail tech lights, but at $350, they were not worth it.

also newbie, i have like 4 more sets of bulbs coming in. just waiting for them.