My +9 extended Blaster pics

Blasterman2000

Oct 24, 2010
NW Indiana
Ok, here it is, here's the pics of the +9 on my Blaster.....

IMAG0165.jpg

IMAG0164.jpg

IMAG0169.jpg

IMAG0168.jpg

IMAG0167.jpg

IMAG0166.jpg

Measures 6'1 tire tip to tire tip
Have to get an extended brake cable yet, and a stiffer shock since the swing-arm shock mount is lower than stock, when I sit on it, the tires are about 2 inches from the fenders....not good if I hit a bump.....and no....don't expect to do trail riding with tight turns....i already know this....for the time being, I did it for the looks.....it looks bad-ass!

i'm glad you like it, its a good looking bike, but definitely not my cup of tea....

a longer shock like a 450r or 250r would be a good fit to get the rear end back up a bit

i would loooooooooove to have that for drag racing :D :D. did you recently get that off ebay? it looks like one that was on there. looks freeking awesome !!!

The swing arm came off a sand drag race Blaster off e-gay....oops....bay....it's not a home fabricated junk....it is a professional built arm....and, no...this is my ongoing project...bought it off C.L. in my area.....more pics are in my introduction way at the top,(never mind, just realized you were asking about the swing) and, not doing any riding other than terrorizing the neighborhood at the present time....keeping the stock swinger for trail and other riding.....can change it out in about 20 mins.....easy now that I've had it apart....

Why did you move the shock mount locationg from stock on a extened swingarm? thats throws everything off. you couldof used your stock shock then, makes no sence to me.

looks nice but whats the point of looks if your not gonna use it. i would of done +3 and been done with it to ruse it on trails.

Why did you move the shock mount locationg from stock on a extened swingarm? thats throws everything off. you couldof used your stock shock then, makes no sence to me.

looks nice but whats the point of looks if your not gonna use it. i would of done +3 and been done with it to ruse it on trails.

there are a lot of reasons you wouldn't want to use a stock shock location, or the stock shock.

after looking at the pics again i'd think about dropping the front down to match the rear unless you will be duning with it, for drag only i'd have it about like that with solid struts all around

It sure does look good! ... I'm no engineer but I'd bet on issues where the shock mount tube welds to the side tubes.

My exact thoughts.Doesn't look very strong at all to me.To use it for anything but dragging I wouldn't trust it.The stock shock has got to go.I usually toss those in the trash can.The swingarm does looks sweet on the bike thats for sure.

I didn't move the shock mount! It was made the way I got it, and, it doesn't throw anything off where it is other than lowering the rear.8-|

oh, and...no offense, but spell check!!! and...I'm gonna use it, plus i have the stock swinger.....not that hard to switch out, 3 bolts plus the lower shock pin, and it's out.

Last edited:
i almost bought that for myt ladies drag build... looks awesome dude, nice work

Thanks Bro, yeah, had been watching + swingers, most of are outrageously expensive....didn't really want one THAT long, but couldn't pass it up for the price including the chain which is like new. Figured if I didn't like it, I could make my money back PLUS more. If I decide to get rid of it, I'll let you know.

My exact thoughts.Doesn't look very strong at all to me.To use it for anything but dragging I wouldn't trust it.The stock shock has got to go.I usually toss those in the trash can.The swingarm does looks sweet on the bike thats for sure.

not sure how you guys can judge the shock mount from the pics I posted, but will tell ya's that I thoroughly checked it out before I installed it, and saw no indications of stress cracks, and, the quad it came off of was a sand drag, not a trail or mx....so there wouldn't be any reason for the mount to be cracked unless it was skied and landed HARD, and if that was the case, the axle would bend before the shock mount.....even with the stock swinger. If I'm wrong, someone correct me, I'm not an engineer either, but I do know physics, and the axle would be the weakest link, then maybe the shock, then maybe the pivot point behind the motor....again, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

i would loooooooooove to have that for drag racing :D :D. did you recently get that off ebay? it looks like one that was on there. looks freeking awesome !!!

Yeah, it was, guy was parting out a drag....not sure why, the pic of the quad he had it on was SWEEET! Think maybe he wrecked it or something, know he had a lot of other parts on there too...I got it for WAY less than what I've seen shorter ones going for, and really only got it for looks, not function.....at least not yet, my neighbor keeps bugging me to trade him for his +6 on his Banshee, I may, or not, I may keep it, or sell it for a more functional +3 or +4, haven't decided yet. But do like how it looks......looks like a Blaster Limo....just need a longer seat to ride the " honeys" I:I ;)

Some guys on here love it, others ask why.....I say cuz I can:)