My 87 Supra dyno

89custom

May 27, 2008
GTA, Ontario
So my current setup as of right now, away for the winter and nothing done yet, i ran this dyno before i put it away. Im basically BPU besides the head port and polish. 3" divorced dp, 3" straight back, greddy profec b 2, ect ect.

I will be installing a new intercooler and hardpipe kit, front face intake manifold/q45 throttle body, precision 550 injectors, and a MAP-ECU2 for tuning. Oh and the stock ct26 turbo is being rebuilt and upgraded to a 60-1. And then the suspension upgrades but thats still a growing list.

Im hopping to put down 350-400rwhp next summer.

87 toyota supra turbo, 5spd, targa top.
87supraturbo.jpg

sorry about the sound quality. sh*ty camera mic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, too bad it doesnt sound anything like it actually sounds with a good quality mic and without a sniffer on the muffler.

215/mo.

nice supra bro...is it even anchored down...LOL

Hey Novis...i would def shop around for insurance quotes. 350/month is outrageous for a 90 cavalier. i mean sh*t itll be HISTORIC in January...LOL

^^^ ya cuz its the 2 door, 3.1L, V6. got it for free tho so i cant complain. and i might put it as a company car for my dads company and not pay as much.

It's a Cavalier that is 20 years old lol. After like 2-3 months of paying insurance you have paid what the car is worth. I'd shop around. My 97 Taurus sho with the 3.4 v8 is only like 70 a month.

yeah dude thats crazy insurance. my 96 eldorado coupe with a 4.6L v8 (putting down 330HP thanks to my cat backs) is only 150 and ive got an accident on my record.

on topic.............

that supra is sick man. that torque is nasty flat, i bet that thing is just a blast to drive

and i was playing about 100 bucks for my 99 silverado, 86 camaro, and 87 iroc.

1j or 7m in there either way both blocks touched buy god. Your still entry level that thing will hold 450 easy before internal work is needed. Nice pull nice ride. Love the mkIII

Thanks guys.

Just another ricer or whatever you wanna call it, :D
My "ricer" will smoke your big block that has double the displacement next year.

But as a side note, why the ricer bullshit. Ricers a term for riced out cars, you cant explain it any better than rice. I take major offence when someone calls my car a ricer because its japanesse. A ricer is this.
honda-civic-hatchback.jpg

i thought the BPU made more horses.
but nice whip, how she drive?

Fun as f*ck to drive. And BPU is "basic performance upgrades" thats why i said basicily its bpu other than the head port and polish which is pretty advance for a car. most people dont have it done but it makes a huge difference just like on our quads.

this goes back to what we were talking about the other day lol

your car definitely isn't rice.....

i really like it

with some head work, a cam and some tuning, you should be able to crank over 7000rpm and make over 350hp easily, maybe even 7500 and 400hp.

nice sounding car, if u got 400hp that would be sick. whats that like on insurance? i got a '90 cavalier rs and its about $350/month :eek:

JESAWS! 350 a month for insurance on a 1990 cavalier!?!? How many speeding tickets do you have bro? I have a 06 honda civic and its only 150 a month for full coverage and i have a speeding ticket and a car wreck on my record