My 84 cr 500 Blaster

910cr500blaster

Oct 14, 2012
NC
I up loaded a few vids of me playin in my driveway today. My driveway is kind of short so i caint open it up much at all. Tha clips was uploaded by my cell phone so it not the best quality. My Youtube page is sb24nc910

sounds pretty nasty !
i'd have posted the vids here for ya, but you're lacking a helmet < required for vids on here.

throw a helmet on and have your camera man turn the phone sideways so the vids aren't, and we'll get some posted on here !

Looks cool you should post up some info on the build if you havent, thats a pretty interesting motor swap. I got a older buddy in his 50's now that always tells me about his built cr 500 beating everything back in the day, ive never ridden one myself.

The motor is a 1984 cr 500r (air cooled). I like the way the power comes in (very banshee like) just a different sound. Let me tell you its a pure rocket. The bike just pulls for days and jetting isn't even 100 %. It has a 175 main and tha DGL needle is on the very top notch. I plan to drop to a 172 and try the needle clip in the middle. As for as mods head milled for race gas, exhaust port widen alil, polished on intake side, .50 wiseco piston, cpi out frame pipe, stock carb board, and uni filter. I plan to go up on the exhaust port and transfer ports in the future. I'm no where close to being finished so if anyone has any questions just ask. Now LET ME SAY ON THING lol. The vibrations is not that bad as people say it is. When the bike is at idle is the worse. Who cares just take your feet off the foot pegs. You can not feel it in the handle bars at all ( I'm runing the bars off the 84 cr). When ever you are riding the bike slow or fast You don't even feel the vibration in the foot pegs at all. I will keep them videos coming with a helmet of course. I got a few boys a round my way with a Modded Banshee, Yfz 450, 400ex, trx 450r, 660r raptor and 700r raptor. I'll make sure i get the drags on youtube.

something tells me a few of your freinds are 'bout to get butt hurt when that thing gets dailed in !!!

"CPI out of frame pipe" is that a custom pipe for your 500 or did you use something else off the shelf just curious?

The pipe is custom for the 500 motor. I called cpi and the guy told them what i wanted. I sent some pic of the bike with the motor on it. They did a good job with it cause it pulls hard.

You gotta post some picts, I am very interested in the pipe.
Guys ask me about the vibrations.
Yes it vibrates more than a stock Blaster but you are so darned busy hanging on that you don't have time to notice!

Steve

download
download
download
http://us-mg5.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=2%5f0%5f0%5f1%5f295%5fAO3HimIAAX4XUQhXwQlPgT1tv04&pid=2&fid=Inbox&inline=1&appid=YahooMailNeo
download
Hope these pics up load. This bike isn't fully completed. I'm waiting on kick starter stuff and back brakes.