my 1997 blaster build thread

red97k1500

Jan 20, 2014
Texas
I got this blaster about two years ago as part of a trade,it has just been sitting untill now.i have finally decicded to get serious about fixing it up and getting it to where i can ride it.There is still alot that needs to be fixed on it,the brakes dont work front or rear...the previous owner deleted the oil injection just by simply removing the oil tank and premixing the gas.It has bent up moose racing handle bars steering steem is slightly bent front brake lever is broken off etc.The seat cover was completely torn up when i got it,i bought a 20 dollar seat cover on ebay and put it on.and it has some rear wheels and tires off a cheap chinese four wheeler, that the lug pattern was drilled to fit the raptor hubs that are on the rear.
KINDLE_CAMERA_1438851171000.jpg
KINDLE_CAMERA_1438851140000.jpg

Yester day i mounted a green rear shock from a kfx400 that i bought on ebay for 40 dollars.I used kens bushings and the bolt he supplies, i drilled the bottom mount hole with a 15/32 drill bit and the pin slides through it just fine.I also put some gold 1987 banshee rear wheels on it and some brand new 18x10x9 ambush tires.
KINDLE_CAMERA_1441030268000.jpg
KINDLE_CAMERA_1441030321000.jpg

photo.JPG
Thanks i will be buying on of your case savers at some point,and sending my cylinder to you for boring and maybe some porting work.I also took another picture of it today this is how it sits with the new wheels and tires and the kfx400 shock.

Reactions: jvb
The gold rims look nice,i had the rear ones laying around so i figured why not use them.The silencer on my bike is a cobra,it was on there when i got it.I want to get a used or new pipe for it,but i need to do other stuff to it first.

Just a small update, I got some parts in the mail this week.Vitos oil pump block off kit, motion pro idle screw kit,and a driveline performance clutch kit.Im still waiting on my tors eliminator carb cap kit to come in.
blaster parts.jpg