My 02 Blaster

bobthebendersrx

May 25, 2010
E Burg NY
Basically its an 02 Blaster. Mods are yellow painted frame(obviously lol)and DG aluminum nerf bars.The motor is bored .20 over with wiseco piston,it has light port work done to head VForce3 reeds and spacer and a stock jetted 26mm carb with K&N filter,a full FMF exhaust(Gold series expansion chamber with powercore 2 silencer)and there is nothing wrong with FMF it was just tuned for low end power as in trail riding(in other words you dont have to keep the motor screaming to keep in the power band Ive liked it so far,but I will probably be gutting the airbox soon rejetting and going with the Toomey system)I was also thinking of trying either a 28mm or 30mm IDK give me your thoughts.Im definatly getting bored with its current state so I will be switching to 03 nose soon as well as a lil differant color scheme(and maybe someday I can rock a YZ400 like Paulie!)

Attachments

• bobs toys 008.jpg
    bobs toys 008.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 162
  • bobs toys 009.jpg
    bobs toys 009.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 181
  • bobs toys 013.jpg
    bobs toys 013.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 157
looks pretty nice

also on the exahust an f7 would be better than a toomey and they are actually cheaper, check out project blaster, i dont have the link but you can google it

nice blaster you need to get a new pipe though cause fmf makes them go out way to far. You should get a phantom also know as f7 but i have the phantom model on mine they changed the name to factory seven. and blasterdude14 is totally true f7 is wayy better than toomey because i think that phantom has a bigger expansion chamber than toomey. But if you dont want to get a new pipe what we did with my friends fmf on his blaster we cut 2inches off of it so now wen he does a wheelie the grab bar can help a little bit if he hits it and not tear up the pipe.

nice blaster you need to get a new pipe though cause fmf makes them go out way to far. You should get a phantom also know as f7 but i have the phantom model on mine they changed the name to factory seven. and blasterdude14 is totally true f7 is wayy better than toomey because i think that phantom has a bigger expansion chamber than toomey. But if you dont want to get a new pipe what we did with my friends fmf on his blaster we cut 2inches off of it so now wen he does a wheelie the grab bar can help a little bit if he hits it and not tear up the pipe.

Im definatly looking into the f7 but right now im wrenching on the SRX so thats where the cash flow is going lol.If I cut off two inches Im assuming Im going to have to make a bracket mounts to sandwhich between the original pipe mount and frame mount correct?I was thinking about going toomey though just because you can get a nice complete kit off ebay.

dude your wrong there have you forgot about the lt250r or quadzilla

Sorry bud I owned a 250r it was defintaly faster than the blaster but I had way too many problems with that bike, seemed like there was always something wrong with it and I was having to clean the powervalves way too much for my taste maybe it was my pre-mix ratio gumming them up,but I never have had those problems with the srx just a quick adjustment at beginning of season and no worries.I used to beat zillas on my old banshee 421 all the time,and the one time I got to ride one I didnt like the way it handled I prefered the yamis shorter wheelbase.