my 01 blaster build

awesome man, that'll be a great improvement over stock for sure. using the OConnor bushings to install it?

awesome man, that'll be a great improvement over stock for sure. using the OConnor bushings to install it?

yeah i am...they actually came in today along with some other stuff in the same box I:I

my cylinder, head, and top end kit came in so to say the least today was an awesome day lol. i will post some other pics up tomorrow cause right now im goin up to my friends school for a party :)

so i got some coats of the paint on my frame today. i got rustoleum hammer finish black. i was kind of sceptical about it at first but i am really glad i got it. it looks awesome IMO. its nicer in person too. im going to finish painting it tomorrow and put some clear coat on it then paint my banshee shocks and 400ex shock black too and start putting everything back together again.

heres the frame
122.jpg

121.jpg

looks awesome so far. i am going to figure out how to split my case then my frame will be black as well... or flourescent green

so this is off topic but i thought id share. (i have pictures of progress after this) but yesterday and today i spread mulch for this guy that owns 5 pizza places around my area. my friend works for him and he asked for another guy to come help (me). so i go there and the guy is awesome and you can tell he is loaded. he just bought a brand new shelby mustang gt500 a few months ago...
this picture is an old one i had my friend send me. the chevy ssr is also his and its pretty loud too
cars.jpg

and he also just got back from florida last week and while he was there he bought 2 choppers and had them shipped back to nj. the green one is a jesse james chopper and it even says it on it. that one bike cost him 80 grand.
bikes.jpg

it must be nice to have money

so back on topic i got my stuff back from ken oconnor racing last week. it looks awesome and ken is an awesome guy and really good to work with.
heres a pic of the head..
head.jpg

exhaust port..
exhaustport.jpg

intake..
intake.jpg

cylinder..
cylinder.jpg

and i finally got the top end on..
motor.jpg

i painted my banshee shocks and 400ex rear shock black but it didnt come out really good so im probably going to pick up some shock covers..
shocks.jpg

this week ill piece the whole thing together and hopefully have it done by next weekend I:I

looks sweet man but how did you paint the springs without getting paint on the shocks

thanks bro. as for the shocks i took electrical tape and wraped it around and around until i covered it lol. it was a lot of work and i ended up getting some on the shocks but not bad. the reason why it doesnt look great is because some of the tape was on the spring and i missed those spots but i might redo them or just get shock covers.

well today i started putting the blasty back together. i put the nerf bars and pegs on, the steering stem and the grab bar. i also put the wiring harness on but i might take it off and snip all the unnecessary wires but i do not know which wires are for what. i would have gotten farther but i didnt have any grease to grease up the shock bushings before putting them on so tomorrow i should get a lot farther.
myblaster.jpg

i couldnt resist putting the plastics on to see what it looks like

thanks guys...i really cant wait to get it done but im so swamped with school work now so im just trying to get it done by the end of the semester which is next week thank god

so i got some things done today finally :). i put the whole front end on. i wanted to get it all done today but i started running out of time so tomorrow i will be getting it done i hope. i still have to drill out the bottom of the 400ex shock and get the swingarm mounted up.
heres some pics:
blasterfrontend.jpg

blastersideview.jpg

so FINALLY today i got the blasty together. i'd say its about 85% done. still need to tighten some things and put a few things on and ill be ready to break in the new top end :D
blastertogether3.jpg

blastertogether1.jpg

blastertogether2.jpg

blastertogether4.jpg