Must be a crank seal

Oldfart1stATV

Oct 29, 2007
Fired her up today, 1 kick, warmed up went to a nice idle. Ran up and down the street a couple times. Runs kinda eh, well crappy. Still some oil smoke. That and the putting oil from the case that increases with rpms has to be a seal.

Might mean I have to paint thev frame after the engine pull.

Plum Crazy purple maybe....

A

Could be the seal or the seal between the case halves. The seal can be replaced from the clutch side without splitting the cases.

Hey, I might be down there next week trying to do some quail hunting. Do you know of any good places?

Fired her up today, 1 kick, warmed up went to a nice idle. Ran up and down the street a couple times. Runs kinda eh, well crappy. Still some oil smoke. That and the putting oil from the case that increases with rpms has to be a seal.

Might mean I have to paint thev frame after the engine pull.

Plum Crazy purple maybe....

A

Mine has the same thing. I was wondering if it was the right side crankcase/clutch cover gasket.

I'll know soon enough!!

PB, Not much quail around Raleigh. What there is private land. The farther south you go the more there is, same west of here. You just a bird guy or do you like turkey and deer? My place in Va. is awsome for deer and turkey, AWSOME.

Cypher, if it is that gasket you should see some oil on the outside of that gasket. If it's the halves or the crank it keeps it inside and you get the sysmptons I have been having. Too much oil in the case will give some of these, too, make sure you have a good level.

I don't have much of an issue taking them apart and getting it right. Part of the fun for me. I still have about 3 sets worth of gaskets!!! I think I am close enough now to take her all the way down and paint and make it as nice as I can with little or no money.

A

We have tons of turkey and deer up here. The grouse are very limited and I need to get the dog some action. So since I have a son in Fayetteville, I try to get there at least once a year to do something with him.

Nice

Lot's of good fields down towards Fayet-nam. I don't know any specific places, I'm not a bird guy. I used to smith for for a gun dealer around here that was a bird fanatic. He did alot of water fowl towards the coast, but, I think he did quail and dove right near the base. Should be good timing weather wise. Luck and drop me a note if you get a chance to stop by.

A