Mukuni ID?

BradKS

Dec 12, 2016
I've got a mukuni carb on my 2001 Blaster. I want to replace it for many reasons, and want to go back with exactly what is on it now. The carb says 2XJ01 on it and I'm trying to figure out exactly what model carb it is. Any ideas. I've tried google and the mukuni site and not much help.

the blaster carbs are all the same for every year.
the only difference is were it was sold depending on the main jet/which is easily changed anyhow.
look up oem part for your blaster on sites like this ect.

mikuni 1.png

the blaster carbs are all the same for every year.
the only difference is were it was sold depending on the main jet/which is easily changed anyhow.
look up oem part for your blaster on sites like this ect.

View attachment 29543

I don't think this carb is stock. I bought a cheapo off ebay for $30 and it's not as big, that's why I want to find another one this size. I think it's 38mm. My old one leaks bad, even after trying to fix the floats, the seat isn't seating. I had a small engine mechanic mess with it for 2 hours and still leaks some. I just want a new one

Reactions: Awk08
Upon further review, this POS carb is missing the idle screw and the pin that keeps the throttle tube from twisting. So, back to my first question, what model is my carb? I've google until my head hurts and other than knowing it's a vm series, I'm lost. Mukuni's site isn't much help.

Did you measure it yourself? Measure the diameter of the carb that goes into the intake. Use calipers, or use a ruler and convert to MM. Granted calipers will give you the most accurate reading.

If all else fails, take it into a local shop you trust and have them look at it.

Im still confused on your post by the way.
i think you are confusing yourself,or ebay sellers
are confusing you:D

where is this confusing mikuni website you are talking about?
LINK IT on here:)

also it is spelled "mikuni "unless your from some foreign land 'im not used to he he..

i think my first post spelled it out for you.
unless it is not the truth whole truth or nothing but the truth
so help me god:D just messing with yah.

Last edited:
Im still confused on your post by the way.
i think you are confusing yourself,or ebay sellers
are confusing you:D

where is this confusing mikuni website you are talking about?
LINK IT on here:)

also it is spelled "mikuni "unless your from some foreign land 'im not used to he he..

i think my first post spelled it out for you.
unless it is not the truth whole truth or nothing but the truth
so help me god:D just messing with yah.

What I was ideally looking for is a part # to order. The MIKUNI site doesn't offer any kind of ID help that I can find. I wanted to be able to plug the #s into something and have it say 'it's a vm##'. And ebay can be confusing by just typing MIKUNI in, it brings up hundreds of results. I will have to take it back off and measure it for sure.

carbs2.JPG
Ok, so here is why I was confused and wanted an actual part # to order an exact quad. My '02 blaster has the oil pump deleted but still has the tors setup on top of the carb. I bought a V26 carb online, and the top where the cable/tors setup screws on is different size. Now I need a new throttle cable. Anyone know where I can get one that will fit the new carb. The new carb is set up for idle adjustment so don't have to worry about that.