mud tires

2006 blaster

Feb 11, 2012
Mayville, ND
im lookin for the biggest mud tires thst will fit on my quad...i have a stock swing arm and no spacers on the back ...i was lookin at gators but no one has them so i dont know if they fit...i want 22x11-8..thanks

Mine has 22x11-8 on it, not sure what kind, with stock swinger and everything in the rear is stock. I do have te donut spacers on it is all but the tires aren't a concern touching even without them. I'll go look to see what kind they are.

If you wanna ride with the 4x4's get some 22x11-8 itp mudlites ! They have 3/4 in. tread with a nasty pattern, and they're the lightest 6 ply you can buy so you don't have to sacrifice speed or performance. I have them on my blaster and I never worry about getting stuck when I'm muddin, even with the 4 stroke 4x4's. My rear right side tire use to rub my heal guard a little bit but I got a couple black zip ties and pulled the inside of the heal guard in towards the frame by zip tying them to the feet guard bracket.

That's how mine are now, I don't know how worn yours are but I've noticed a huge difference in traction and what I can get through between when they were new and now. I'm planning on buying the same size mudlites again soon if that says anything about how well they perform when they have good tread. And for $140 shipped for both of the rear tires, you can't really go wrong !

And another HUGE factor you gotta think about is weight bro, especially on our blasters. It's not really a problem with machines with bigger motors, but on a 200cc power to weight ratio is everything. Being pretty much the lightest wheeler 200cc and up is what makes our blasters quick. Let me know what other mud tires your thinkin about gettin cause Id be willing to try some different rubber, I just havnt found any other tires that have completely won me over yet. Maybe I'm just a sucker for itp haha !

i was thinkin of gators but they are 22 pounds...i relly like to have the lightest quad though...then i can whip through the trails pretty good...idk when i got my wheeler it had mudlites on it it was ggo in mud but i cant remamber how good....they wore real fast ...i want a tire that will stand up to gravel..i put on like 2000 miles a year..

No perfect do everything tire ... our Mudlites get stuck all the time .. LOL .. still our favorite tire for the trails we ride. Gotta find the best compromise ya can and that often means going through a few different kinds of tires. Since ya already tried Mudlite & didn't like'm, try something else ... Just buy something & wear it out ... consumables ya use up havin fun :) like pistons, chain & oil ... boring vid of mudlites getting stuck in sig below.