Motor wont quit spraying oil

X

XChris1632X

I picked up a Blaster real cheap a couple months back and when I got it it was way overfull on oil and was coming out of the vent tube on the tranny. I drained the trans and put some oil it it.(under specified amount) I ran this and oil was still coming out. It is coming out a clear hose from the motor and the oil doesnt look to be as black as it should, it actually kinda looks like pre mix oil. I had the frame sent out for powdercoating and I need to make sure that this motor wont continue to drip oil on a shiny new frame. What could be causing this? Was oil continuing to come out just because it was stuck somewhere from being overfilled and will stop doing this after time with correct amount of oil in it?

my uncles had the same problem. when he went ta have it rebuilt the guys didnt put on the gaskets right.and it was jus pumpin out oil like there was no tamarow.so he moved the overflow tube ta the bak so if it did spray then it would just fall behind the bike and not on it.so basicly its probley a bad gasket?

??

If it's comig out of the crankcase vent, you got a sucked crank seal or a hole in the case or at the very least a crappy seal between the cases.

A

If the oil is golden color, it's coming from the tranny, because it's new. I recently had the same issue but found out that I put too much in it. You're only supposed to put 3/4 of a quart of oil in it.

I drained mine until it had slow drips coming out of it, refilled it with .75 qt of oil, it stopped immediately.

There is a clear tube that does connect to it, it just depends on the year or if it's been modified, it should also follow the frame up the left side.

If it's a blue-ish/dark color, it's definitely pre-mix oil and your pre-mixer gears/equipment needs to be taken/blocked off.

To completely diagnose the problem, we need more details about your quad, ie: do you pre-mix your gas? do you have the auto-mixer on the bike still (located under the rear plastics, clear bottle), if not, do you have an oil block off kit, etc.

there is a clear tube that comes from the top of the crank case right near the oil pump tubes.

Well when I first bought it the guy said he thought one of the case gaskets were blown but I figured it was just coming from this tube and he didnt know what he was talking about. So if a case gasket is blown out then it could cause this? I just bought an oil block off kit so it has oil injection before, I am going to install that and I figured I would replace the case gaskets. What other seals should I look for?

firstly.. there are no case gaskets.. just "yamabond" (rtv equivelant) secondly, "and the oil doesnt look to be as black as it should" what kind of oil exactly did you put in the trans.??? mine sure as heck isnt black! even when its time to change it!

yea there are. there is one on the kickstarter side, but it is called a crankcase gasket. i had to replace mine 3 weeks ago.

well then its not called a "case gasket" then... and the part that you're talking about isnt a "crankcase gasket" either... its called a kickstarter seal. just like the seal for your shift rod is called the "shift seal"... "clutch rod seal"... "oil pump seal".. etc.