Motor Oil

qr4life

Jan 26, 2008
I was at walmart today and i saw an oil called Non Detergent straight 30 weight oil. It says that it has no additives in it. Is this alright to run in the crankcase. Also how is tranny fluid?

i probably wouldnt trust getting motor oil from walmart, go to your local motorcycle shop or atv shop, you'll have better luck there, try spectro sx clutch saver or yamalube both work great

One thing I never would suggest is going cheap on oil, especially when it's not even the recommended grade. You can end up with all kinds of problems and cost yourself a bunch of money in the end just by saving a couple of bucks on cheap oil. Get some good brand name stuff, and get the recommended type. That definitely means don't use anything from walmart that says "super tech" on it, I won't even use that in my lawn mower.

very well said^. listen to those guys because they are right! why pay $2-$5 a quart now to save money on oil and end up spending $100 - $200 in parts (if not more) later? when you can just spend $6-$10 a quart now and get the good stuff and be less likely to have future troubles!

very well said^. listen to those guys because they are right! why pay $2-$5 a quart now to save money on oil and end up spending $100 - $200 in parts (if not more) later? when you can just spend $6-$10 a quart now and get the good stuff and be less likely to have future troubles!

YEP!!!!, GOOD oil is CHEAP! insurance!

thanks alot fellas i guess ill just give in even know it all comes from the same place

hmm.. putting sh*t oil in your crankcase is like doing this to your gears *click, BANG* ...okay haha? i personally suggest Belray gear saver 80... OR yamalube4

i would run bel-ray gearsaver 80W in a trail machine. for around 7-8 a quart you cannot beat the protection and long lasting viscosity..if you are racing the klotz techniplate 5W is great and is as good as the bel ray..but for 12 a quart its pricey....ATF tyoe F can be used bit not ran for more than say an hour and i would replace it...hope that helps.I:I

cheap oil means problems further down the line and will cost you more than you saved and a lot of extra bother just goin a bit further and gettin the real stuff.

And what did you mean it all comes from the same place????

Well the oil that you spend $10 a bottle on has natural oil from the earth. It still has the same stuff that the $2 a bottle oil has its just got more stuff in it.

Well the oil that you spend $10 a bottle on has natural oil from the earth. It still has the same stuff that the $2 a bottle oil has its just got more stuff in it.

you just said it for yourself!!! it has more and better additives making it more compatible for certain machines and engines!!!!plan and simple, but if you want Mr. Roll Back's Smiling ass from wal-mart to f*ck your bike up because you tried running junk, then go ahead!!! because by the end of the week, ill still be riding MY blaster!!!! not trying to start an argument or anything, just my opinon!!!B-)

i totally agree with you man really im not arguing it just sucks that the oil companies charge so much for something that comes out of the earth. and then we get screwed over. i have no prob buying the oil now that i understand what i can run and what i cant.

Amsoil makes some nice synthetic oils, been running them in all my machines, fout atvs, 1 snowmobile and a dirtbike. What do you mean oils all comes from the same place? There is a world of difference between full synthetic and traditional.

Amsoil makes some nice synthetic oils, been running them in all my machines, fout atvs, 1 snowmobile and a dirtbike. What do you mean oils all comes from the same place? There is a world of difference between full synthetic and traditional.

but it does all come from the same place(the ground). but yes, its crazy what we get charged for oil, thats why we need bush out of the white house!!! and if Hillary cant even control her own husband than just imagine what she would do in the white house!!!!!!! But we also need to come up with ways around the foreign oil companies, the U.S. depends entirely to much on foreign product! thats why every one is laid off or their job went overseas, or they just cant find a job!!! because their arent very many!! sorry to get all political but just my opinon from the oil subject!!!lol

all oils dont come from the same place. Full synthetic means just that, fully synthetic. Conventional oils come from the earth. As for tranny oil, right now im running 75w-140 full sythetic manual transmission oil. Been running fine with it :)

well just my on my opinon of oils, i dont run sythetic in anything i own!!! just have had bad luck with it!!!

what big store can I find a good oil? I dont know of any bike shops around? autozone etc.???

you dont have a motorcycle or yamaha dealer around? if you have a honda shop i think most of them carry yamalube also!!!