more problems with the blaster

mud runner

Jan 19, 2012
leabnon TN
well i was riding my blaster today and it started acting like it was running out of gas and then died but it had a full tank and i cant get it started any ideas of whats wrong

there shouldent be any water in the gas becaus it was brand new and i run %100 gas no ethanol and the carb was clean when i got it a few weeks ago but i havent took it apart synce i bought it

Have you checked for spark?

not yet when i was sitting out in the middle of the field i changed the plug but it still wouldent start so when i finally got my dad to come and pick me up i said f*ck it and put it in the garage ill try to work on it tomorrow

Last edited:
check the compression, if you dont have a tester available borrow one from a local auto parts store or take a peak at the piston and cylinder through the exhaust port

nope but the person that owned it befor me did and halph assed welded it back toghter and it leaks oil

Ding ding Ding , Oil leak = Air Leak !

If i was You I'd Pm Slickerthanyou and buy one of his leak down testers before your motor fries itself , he only has 6 left but Im sending money tomorrow for one so 5 Left better hurry !

that sounds like an electrical issue. check all the electrical componens with an ohm meter. theres a list of proper readings on here somewheres. i had an issue like that before and i chased it for awhile before i changed out all my coils.

here ya go bud theres readings on this list
http://www.blasterforum.com/engine-13/ignition-coil-specs-46188/

im inclined to agree^^^ sounds like something electrical. check for spark, stator/coil output, and all connections under hood and harness first.

well i worked on it for a little while and the reeds are good carb is good i got it to start but it wouldent run wright it wouldent idle and i had to keep hitting the gas for it to run

Sounds like it will blow soon then , I just sent my money to bob-slickerthanyou for a leak down tester and I don't even have a Running motor yet !