More new parts

rich1

Jan 6, 2014
N.C./RTP
A big box came today.. inside was the Moose rear skid plate, PRM-ATV ATV new parts 002.JPG ATV new parts 008.JPG ATV new parts 007.JPGPerformance front frame and A-arm plates and the Tusk front wheel spacers .:cool: Time to get busy !

I like that rear skid plate! Where did you order it from?
I got it off E- Bay on Presidents weekend,Recycled Racing they only had one a display model for $50 shipped. I have not yet decided to mount the A-arm skids yet . However , the whole set was on sale too ,was only $90.00 shipped.
ATV new parts 005.JPG skid pics 001.JPG

Looks nice!

How wide are those spacers? And what was the deciding factor on those over the cheaper studs?

Armadillo swinger guard is much like that. I have it and like it. If you chain seems somewhat close, turn the slide around. Mine is sticking off the front of the guard now

Looks nice!

How wide are those spacers? And what was the deciding factor on those over the cheaper studs?

Armadillo swinger guard is much like that. I have it and like it. If you chain seems somewhat close, turn the slide around. Mine is sticking off the front of the guard now
I like them because they clamp the plate to the frame for a long distance and help strengthen the frame rails too. The studs just mount at narrow places on the frame . The skid plate has over 1/4" spacing, more even with the 43 sprocket , Thanks for the alternative .

I like them because they clamp the plate to the frame for a long distance and help strengthen the frame rails too. The studs just mount at narrow places on the frame . The skid plate has over 1/4" spacing, more even with the 43 sprocket , Thanks for the alternative .
Here are pics of the full skid plate installed !
Full skid plate 001.JPG Full skid plate 002.JPG Full skid plate 003.JPG Full skid plate 004.JPG

nice work rich !
i should have mentioned/suggested this before ?

i split 2" pieces of auto heater hose lengthwise, one wrapped electrical taped it to my frame in a few spots.
about 6 of them total.
it holds the skidplate down off the frame to prevent wearing thru the paint, allows water/dirt/mud to escape better and kinda adds a cushion for hard hits ?
the skidplate now has it trapped between it and the frame, the tape has long gone bye-bye

nice work rich !
i should have mentioned/suggested this before ?

i split 2" pieces of auto heater hose lengthwise, one wrapped electrical taped it to my frame in a few spots.
about 6 of them total.
it holds the skidplate down off the frame to prevent wearing thru the paint, allows water/dirt/mud to escape better and kinda adds a cushion for hard hits ?
the skidplate now has it trapped between it and the frame, the tape has long gone bye-bye

I may try that if I can get some longer bolts . This plate has all the top plates made exactly to the frame rails and gussets . Metal is .125 6061 T6 Alum.

I had one of those moose rear skid plates and i broke 3 of the 4 mounts, cracked it, dented it and put it through hell. I rewelded it 5 times and straightened it out a ton too. Those plates are bulletproof. Especially when you ride rocky trails with 18 inch rear tires for a few weekends :)