Mods for predator 90

Big D

Jun 20, 2011
Wisconsin
My brother just got a Polaris 90 for christmas and we wanna get him into racing. Im just wondering what some good well effective mods are. I herd from a guy that you could put a cr 85 carb on it and mill the head and that will help big time! Any other ideas please.!!!!

Thanks!! Also is there any cheating ways you can swap different shocks?? Or axles.. Like u can put 400ex rear shock in a blaster can u do anything like that on the 90's?

Standard 2s hop-ups apply, however finding model specific forum will eliminate guess work or mistakes. Be aware if it is a piston port (no reeds) have to be just as cautious lowering intake floor as you would raising the ex.

. what class will he be racing stock or mod. before u start. mod classes get $$$.

Look into heavier the clutch springs and roller weights. intake, reeds, carb, pipe. CDI / timing, air filter

nerfs, tether

Yea those predator 90 give you a whirl but I put one of the apex exhaust systems in it and it losses powering get a fmf non expansion chamber pipe like 4 stroke I know there a 2 stroke but a stock pipe doesn't have a expansion chamber anyway the fmf doesn't and mill the head get that done at SMS and u will win for sure and bore the carb and use the fmf jets with the pipe I made the mistake of buying a whole new clutch, intake , exhaust,and smaller tires I have some small r/a shredders for them

normal porting, deck the cylinder and mill the head to get a .019-.021 squish on the piston, get a 24mm oko or koso carb, put a uni filter directly on the carb jetting will be around 40pilot 115main, koso reed cage, get 4g rollers, ztr1500 spring, dr pulley or stage 6 clutch, get a 787-16-30 belt, 19/30 or 20/30 sprocket combo, get a DRR pipe, they rev higher than the apex pipe, DO NOT GET A NON EXPANSION FMF PIPE and I do not advise to advance the timing either. Remember you will need portwork and compression to get the advantages of these add ons. My sons DRR was pushing 210psi and it/he dominated the holeshot and the races last year against the best quads money could buy.
There is a guy on ebay, "autotech355" who sells all the engine stuff for the air cooled 2stroke scooter engines (minarelli style) and his stuff is as good as the name brand stuff for a fraction of the cost but it takes 2 weeks to get here from Taiwan.
Racing a mini quad is just as expensive as a big quad, I actually spent much less money this year with the blaster once it was built as I did to stay competitive in the mini quads.
If you are in a stock appearing class you may not be able to change pipe or suspension. Single a-arms will not compete with the DRR or the Apex on an MX track. They make dual a-arm kits for the polaris but by the time you do all of that you could buy a used race ready DRR. WORKS makes shocks for them.
Look on the exriders forum, they have a mini quad parts forum also. That is the forum to get the best info on minis.

Last edited:
found this suff for sale

trx 90 partout 2002 - Honda TRX Forums: Honda TRX 450R Forum
icon1.gif
trx 90 partout 2002
Strong motor 400 shipped
Rear tires and rims great shape 100 shipped
Front tires and rims great shape 100 shipped
Both sets are aftermarket and 175 shipped both sets
Seat is in great shape 50 shipped
Plastics are ok everything 125 shipped
Make offers for anything else

Try to get pics up soon
special thanks to JET !
user_offline.gif

Im pretty sure all these 90cc quads are made by ETON of america. So most of the mods can go thru them and cut out the middle men(polaris).