mixing fuel

lovelady602

May 7, 2014
Do I need to get rid of the stock oil mixer on my 02 and mix fuel myself or just leave it alone also I am going with a dmc exhaust and alien muffler

Last edited:
Do I need to mix my own gas or leave the stock mixer on I also have decided to go with dmc exhaust and alien muffler

The oil injection system is ok to leave on unless you need to run different ratios or oils.

Be warned though, you need to keep dirt well away and if you ever flip the bike, it may need bleeding.

At sea level, this may help.

DMC = #260 main jet.

Aftermarket air cleaner + 1 or 2 size larger.

Air box lid off +2

32:1 pre mix +1

Needle in the bottom slot, or up one.

32.5 pilot jet

Plug chop to confirm, as temperature, elevation and humidity come into the equation.

Reactions: lovelady602
Thanks I was just wondering fixing to send it off in Sept to get ported I am going with a dmc exhaust and alien muffler do I need to get new reed valve to

Not necessarily. Better reeds will give you crisper throttle response. Reeds are pretty easy to inspect if they are gapped, cracked or broken its time to replace

Not necessarily. Better reeds will give you crisper throttle response. Reeds are pretty easy to inspect if they are gapped, cracked or broken its time to replace
So the stock reeds are good even after I do exhaust and porting

They will work yes, but some aftermarket reeds will help with throttle response. Depends on how much you wanna put in it, you can upgrade reeds with the stock cage or go all out for some vf4s or something. I don't know much about the different reeds, but someone else will prob speak up

get rid of tank and mix yourself that way you know for sure that the mix is what you want.

ive always run 50:1 in all my two strokes and never had a issue and i put 150ish hours on my blaster before i changed piston, good choice with exhaust to i had that on blaster and its a good mod.

Ditch the autolube pump. The only way you know it's working, is if your motor hasn't seized yet. When it does stop working, the motor will let you know by draining your wallet.

Many other members will also tell you to keep the oil pump as most problems blamed on the pump can actually be traced back to operator error, as the pump is quite reliable when used properly. But its your choice, eliminating pump gives you one less thing to blame problems on

The poor old pump cops yet another bashing!

99% of oil injection failures are caused by operator error.

Failure to top up the tank before it runs out, dirt ingestetion, failure to bleed air from the system, wrong oil, the list goes on.

I will put my money where my mouth is, and if anyone can show me a pump that has failed from correct usage, I will give them $50.

Unless you need to run an oil that will not inject, or wish to add more oil to the mix for extra power, or any other valid reason, I say stick with the pump.

The pump mixes at approx 20:1, which is ideal for an engine of less than 200cc.

Anyone who chooses to run any less than 32:1 on a 200cc engine is not doing the engine any favours.

Last edited:
When removing the oil injection you may want to put a decal on the tank. Something like this http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-32-1...Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c42079ca6&vxp=mtr ... It doesn't have to say Race gas or castor oil but the operator will know it needs to be mixed gas.. (friends, fam, next owners etc..)

Also very important, if you do remove the oil injection you will need to block off the oil inlet tube on the carb where the old oil line went in.. Also remove the old pump..

Last edited by a moderator:
I recommend keeping the pump. I have heard all the "horror stories" about them blowing the engine up too, but no one has ever seen proof of that. Mine is a 2004 with the stock piston and rings yet, given it has sat quite a bit while i was away but it still has decent hours on it and still has good compression. Just keep it full and the dirt out and it wont fail ya!
As for reeds i recommend the vf4's. They are a little pricey but make throttle response alot snappier.

Since I already have to mix for the Banshee and the stuff I work on, I got rid of it for my wife's. Otherwise, I may have left it. However, the chances of it destroying the engine were absolutely zero when you remove it, as opposed to a very slight chance when leaving it.

I think I will just leave it on until it fails thanks for all the advice though I like this forum it really is very helpful I have tried to upload some pics but can't get it to work

Screenshot_2014-06-18-11-21-39-1.png

Reactions: hazem_youssef
Well, at least you wear a helmet... Mine gives me this bad rash. Yeah, we'll go with that from now on. A rash. :cool:

This is the best motorsports forum that I've ever been on. Stick around and you'll be pretty knowledgeable. I told some guy the other day (yesterday, maybe) that if he had access to this forum, it was his fault if he didn't know something.