MelonBERRY rebuild

melonBerry

Jul 10, 2010
va
Well! finally after 5yrs i can have my bike back in running order. i have a steady job and since im going to basic training in september, i'm rebuilding my bike. so here's the goodies! lol 240 vitos BBK on 72.5mm forged aluminum piston. with +3 stroker crank. ltz 400 rear shock, sicivic's custom made AIR BOX I:I +1 +3 a-arms or maybe +2 not sure. works dual rate shocks. +3 ext swinger. +4 advanced flywheel key. its an 04 i had bought a cdi box from cheap cycle parts but they gave me an 88-02 idk what to do :eek: also put no brakes on front and back.

Attachments

• 0617122018.jpg
    0617122018.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 218
  • 0617120307.jpg
    0617120307.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 208
O and must say aggressive trail/mx port by FLOTEK ;) an honor to build and have known he did such a great job i eehh hmm i mean work of art! lol :D

Attachments

• 0602122150a.jpg
    0602122150a.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 207
  • 0617120025.jpg
    0617120025.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 189
i also got a moose high output stator but i need a wire harness to go with it. and i need to know do i need to solder anything or just bolt up and hook wires together? plus can an 88-02 cdi hook up with the 03-06 wire setup. idk what the hell to do man. tryna get this up and running by two weeks. and i bought a carrier and thought it was blaster, come to find out it was a banshee but i put sum washer in between and made it work! :D lol I have a 34 PJ keihin carb. i plan to have a black red green color scheme can't wait to finish up.

thanks guys im debating whether i should buy an 88-02 wire harness or just stick it with the old box til i find something esle. ima put my clutch on this weekend its a billet HINSON and i have EBC clutch kit. ima have to get another stator plate for it since i just have the high output stator parts. some of these parts may be on hold til i can really have time to deal with it. just wanna ride I:I

what should i do? i need sum input. idk whether to buy an 88-02 wire harness or just stay with what i have.

well im back on the rebuild. happy 4th for all americans. came a long way and still have some ways to go! :D i did some work. was missing a clutch washer but i found one. did my leakdown test and seen good signs and put some oil in and kicked the engine over and i like how much compression she has! I:I this things gonna rip! ima post some pics up, but i had a wiring problem so ima have to fix it up this weekend. i think i hook the key switch wrong i hope thats the only prob.

it was hot as hell and trying to put this motor in the frame alone was a MOTHER! lls then trying to put the pipe on i had to do some lifting of the engine and plus the heat i was like sh*t WTF its HOT! :eek:. but i got it on and screwed it in. to be on the safe side i put some silicone gasket on the exhaust gasket and the exhaust so there would be any leaks. and i put some around the intake.

Attachments

• get-rebuild.jpg
    get-rebuild.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 180
  • rebuild.jpg
    rebuild.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 171
  • rebuild 2.jpg
    rebuild 2.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 174
vforce 3 with spacer B) my first leakdown i noticed air leaks in the screws and between the reed cage and spacer so i put some silicone to it and tried it out no leaks! i like this leakdown tester! KEN did a great job with these things I:I!

Attachments

• vforce.jpg
    vforce.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 160
Ken makes leak down testers ? or you talking about your motor work from ken ?

well i guess he or the guy slickerthanyou makes them and sells them you just send him a pm. i thought he was ken. lol but Denny from FLOTEK ported my cylinder and did the headwork, lightened flywheel and rounded shift star. and the bore is 72.5 mm when you kick it over you feel a sh*tload of compression! lol so excited cuz i havent had it running in 5 yrs! and now its coming together just gotta get my wiring straight i think i miss wired the key switch with a cdi wire and got the key wires in the stator. lol

Having things just sitting around for 5 years, you make sure you take the carb apart and do a good clean job.

Make sure it is correctly jetted for the F7.

Remember heat cycles and break in ride.

well i guess he or the guy slickerthanyou makes them and sells them you just send him a pm. i thought he was ken. lol but Denny from FLOTEK ported my cylinder and did the headwork, lightened flywheel and rounded shift star. and the bore is 72.5 mm when you kick it over you feel a sh*tload of compression! lol so excited cuz i havent had it running in 5 yrs! and now its coming together just gotta get my wiring straight i think i miss wired the key switch with a cdi wire and got the key wires in the stator. lol

Yes it was Slickerthanyou I Just bought one , Wasn't sure if I got confused or just Read it wrong , haha , Well seems like your on the right Track minus the Wiring haha , good Luck with it !

Having things just sitting around for 5 years, you make sure you take the carb apart and do a good clean job.

Make sure it is correctly jetted for the F7.

Remember heat cycles and break in ride.

yeah i got a 34 PJ new jet just ordered a cable adjuster. almost all the parts are new. ext. swinger ext a-arms new brake pads stroker crank. allen screw set. got most of everything. i hope thats the only thing (the wiring) that is in the way. i couldn't shock myself last weekend. lol no spark at all. sounds crazy but i hope i shock myself this weekend :D. ima cross my fingers! lmao

well i was too discouraged to report back on the bike, but last weekend i had all the wires connected but still no spark... i guess my ignition coil is sh*t or my cdi. or the stator i bought. its an 88-02 stator, so im thinking bout buying a 03-06 one even tho they should work just leave a wire loose. but this spark think is F*ckin wit me man! all i could do is sand my fenders down so i can paint them next time i comeback...