may have ported my head to far....

Rj in the dunes

Feb 9, 2015
Evanston wy
Hey so I was porting my head and I might have ported the edge of the cylinder wall like a dumb a** there is no way I can run it like that I'm guessing????

well first up, were you perhaps porting your cylinder? cause you if you were porting your head, id be very concerned, since there are no ports in the head! With porting, you cant undo anything, if the material is gone, you cant put it back. we would need to see pics of this calamity to comment further. It pays to do your homework before starting with porting, and I mean really do your homework.

I apologize for the mix up about the cylinder / head deal I'm a little new at all this atv stuff but I just took some off the edge as you can see where I'm pointing.

I'm concerned about the piston scratch nig the exhaust port where I ported on accident..

Maybe I can bore it and it will be fine?

Attachments

• 1425926694918-1643553718.jpg
    1425926694918-1643553718.jpg
    364.3 KB · Views: 206
You can run a little chamfer on that mistake to stop the ring snagging it.

It is hard to see how much material is missing from the pic, but it does not look like too much has been removed!

Reactions: Rj in the dunes
Just even it out acrossed the port, champher it and done. Now you can call it a hot dune port or some shizz. :p
Did/are you widening it?

Lesson learned is be careful and take your time, and pay attention !!

Reactions: Rj in the dunes