Making brake/clutch levers closer?

noid

Jun 13, 2008
As per some of my other threads, I am trying to configure my GF's blaster so she can be comfortable on it. One of those things is that the stock levers are uncomfortably far for her smaller hands. I am looking to move the lever handle closer in distance to the handle bar grips. What are some lever brands that bring them closer?

Closer may seem like it's the best solution but more leverage is where you want to go. Blaster levers have a much room for improvement. For the clutch lever, try this one.
NEW Yamaha Banshee 350 YFZ350 AOF clutch lever and perch Blaster 200 YFS200 | eBay

It's pretty inexpensive and the leverage is much better. She's still going to have to reach for it but she'll have the advantage of having to put less force to engage it. You're on your own with the brake lever. Hydro brakes work best with the least amount of effort.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Like he said, just making the handles closer won't do much, the option he showed and hydraulic brakes would be best IMO

I once custom did a clutch on my PE250, I bent it so it was closer. Granted, it was bent down at a 90* angle due to a wreck when I started :p

Don't remember if it was on here or another site (Warrior/craptor?) but seems they lengthened the clutch arm a little bit so as to have more mechanical advantage over the springs. Like only 1/8-1/4".

making the levers closer to the handlebars will mean they can not travel as far. this will not allow the clutch to fully disengage and the brakes to fully compress. just a thought.