Major Air Leak--Help

fouchis

Dec 16, 2015
Wrightsville, PA
I have a bad air leak at my intake. Seems to be here. Do I put gasket sealant and try leak test again or buy new intake boot? Going by the book it shows no gasket here between the reed valve assembly and intake boot. Any help appreciated.
intake.JPG

use a plumbing flux brush and apply a thin, even coat of permatex ultra copper or yamabond.
torque to spec...5.8 ft lbs only.
over torqueing causes it to warp and leak.
allow to cure at least overnight and leakdown test again to 7 psi max.

Reactions: pudvah
I just like to give an update for others who are searching through the threads, but I have three machines that I'm working on (two of my own) and all three failed the air leak test through the intake and they were all leaking through the engine relief valve (vent tube on the right side of case near intake) which means the right side crank shaft was bad. Thanks for all the help everyone.

I just like to give an update for others who are searching through the threads, but I have three machines that I'm working on (two of my own) and all three failed the air leak test through the intake and they were all leaking through the engine relief valve (vent tube on the right side of case near intake) which means the right side crank shaft was bad. Thanks for all the help everyone.

The collàr can leak @ crank. I seal collàr and key at that point.
Could also be a leak between case halves, or unrepaired damage to case.