lt250s shocks

borednstreched

Nov 19, 2011
coulmubs n.e.
lt250s shocks swap right over. the upper mounts on the front shocks will need spacers or thicker bushings, same thing for the lower shock mount in the rear. they have a much better dampning rate than blaster shocks. and squat it out by a inch in back and half inch in front. the rear res shock is worlds better than stock.

Reactions: blasterdemon7
lt250s shocks swap right over. the upper mounts on the front shocks will need spacers or thicker bushings, same thing for the lower shock mount in the rear. they have a much better dampning rate than blaster shocks. and squat it out by a inch in back and half inch in front. the rear res shock is worlds better than stock.

Can you go into more detail for those fronts? Pictures would help. Can you use the stock bolts?

More install detail and ride report.

Guys what I get from this, is it LOWERS the rear one inch and the front's half inch.

as slick said, it lowers it by a inch in back and half inch in front. the ride is amazing, you can preload(bunnyhop) it in jumps now. the rear res shock is awesome, softer when you need it but rebounds when you tell it to. the front shocks make a hard ride much better on your arms. ill post pics after i get to the shop today.

as slick said, it lowers it by a inch in back and half inch in front. the ride is amazing, you can preload(bunnyhop) it in jumps now. the rear res shock is awesome, softer when you need it but rebounds when you tell it to. the front shocks make a hard ride much better on your arms. ill post pics after i get to the shop today.

Did you ever use Banshee shocks on the front? I'm just wondering how they compare to them.

ive rode a banshee many times and i would say the lt250s' are a little softer spring rate than the banshees. the rebound and compression rate is very controlled and smooth, less agressive than a banshee.
the lt250s front shocks would be a great addition to a 400ex/ltr400 rear shock.

i currently have the lt250s shocks on my buddies blaster, hes running my 4+ yb swinger/6+ durablue axle also with flipped front rims. he weighs about 150 as where i weigh 260, the suzuki rear is too soft for my weight with the ext. swinger and blaster geometry. but perfect for a rider between 120-190lbs. the swap makes it handle like a super light yfz450

Reactions: York Racing
thanks, i just happen to have a 90 lt250s laying around with a trash motor. and noticed one day that lots of the parts are interchangeable. hubs, handle bars, rear bearing carrier+axle, carb. thought id pass the info on, im always looking for oem solutions before paying tons of cash for aftermarket.

finally got over to the shop, between work and the baby its been hectic this week. heres some pics of the original mock up on the other roller we have sitting, and they do work with the stock blaster hardware. youll notice in the pics where i was talking about needing spacers in the mounts.
0119122032.jpg

0119122032a.jpg

0119122033a.jpg

0119122033.jpg

0119122033b.jpg

0119122034.jpg

its lowers it out by 1/2-1 inch in front and 1-2 inchs in back. its such an amazing ride compared to stock shocks

thats not too bad. yeah i know suzuki used some decent shocks on alot of their machines. if you get a chance could you measure the clearance under the front and rear of the frame? thanks!

so this setup is on my 03 blaster and it is the perfect setup for my weight [155-160] and my mods, which are .40 bore, unknown piston, keihin 35mm carb 155-55 jets tomay b1 full exhaust kN clamp on air filter. i have strech the front 3" wider and the rear is 3" strech longer swing arm round housing carror and 4" wider durablue axle paired with kings tire turbo paddles. its so much more stable at high speeds .