lowering kit ?

Re: widening kit ?

That is not a widening kit, that is a lowering kit. It will lower your front suspension down much more, and you will have significant less ground clearance from the frame. Pretty much all it is good for is flat track racing, or drag racing. You do NOT want to be jumping with a lowering kit

That is not a widening kit, that is a lowering kit. It will lower your front suspension down much more, and you will have significant less ground clearance from the frame. Pretty much all it is good for is flat track racing, or drag racing. You do NOT want to be jumping with a lowering kit

why dont you want to jump on a lowering kit i have one on mine and i hit the jumps on the tt corse harder than anyone in my class

why dont you want to jump on a lowering kit i have one on mine and i hit the jumps on the tt corse harder than anyone in my class

If your frame is closer to the ground, and you go jumping with it, your going to SCRAPE and slam into the ground on every jump.

the extra slack in the lowering kit is enough to really bust up the front end. we run that setup on event horizon's flat track quad but after a season of TT they are beat up and the a arms are starting to show some beating from em. if you keep in on the ground you wont have a problem.
mudrunner what are you running for a lowering kit?

Read the small print in the sales pitch!

High Quality Bottom Mount Front Lowering Kit
Added stability, designed for flat track racing. NOT designed for Jumping
Lowers front suspension 3.5" and widens by 2"
Easy installation! No additional hardware required
Material: Billet Aluminum
Condition: 100% Brand New
Fitment:
Yamaha Banshee (Original stock A-Arms Only)

I will go along withe the statement that they are NOT designed for jumping, but how the heck can it widen by 2"?

when you lower it it changes the angle of the a arm to flat out increasing width. try pushing down on your front end and notice how wide your quad is with the a arms flat out.

2'' though, that is a statement I would love to see in the flesh.

Whilst I do agree with you that the track will widen as the bike becomes lower to the terrain, 2" is a very big call.

But on re thinking it it is only 1" each side, I must confess I could be wrong for the second time in my life.

Just gonna have to get the Blaster out of the shed and do a test!

i agree the 2 inches may be a stretch but it is bit of a shock for how much it actualy does widen out. it would be nice to see a easy lowering kit for the same money but if it would fit tighter in the a arm without the slack when the suspension is topped out.

Diamond J make a very versatile kit, it costs some, but allow 3 points of raising and 3 points of lowering, very useful if you ride different terrain.

i been thinking of drilling and tapping the blocks to be able to bolt them to a plate on the bottom of the a arm making it more solid. but still is the issue of the bottom of the quad smashing into the ground. any way you cut it jumping on a lowered quad is just going to be a bad time. what is your reasoning for lowering it?