lost spark on a warrior

nd jat

Aug 10, 2008
mandan ND
lost spark on a warrior, was running earlier. checked spark plug was wet but could not see no spark when pulling over the motor. I believe I should see at least some spark. Is the wiring similar to a blaster, stator to cdi? cause I was thinking I might be able to check with the cdi and coil from the blaster to trouble shoot the warrior.:(

I know that there is a difference between 2 stroke and 4, I was just wondering if the parts would work to eliminate what wasn't working. a coil more than likly will, cdi maybe, the stator not. I don't like the idea that I need to buy parts just to trouble shoot what maybe the problem. The differance if any would be that the wiring is different and the specs may change to specific engine. I know that even a regular engine like in a car the spark fires every stroke even on exhast stroke( at least on earlier models with points). theory would say that it can be done with either parts from warrior or blaster, but that doesn't mean they connect the same which was what I was woundering.

thanks hawian, never thought about the pickup. will keep that in mind. twin tried that with a different plug same thing plus it should see some spark with the plug grounded if it gets juice. just know that something in the ignition isn't working like it should.

found the problem dam fuses, fuse was blown. got spark now. just wish I could get it to start :( had that problem when he got the thing fresh gas helped then will check that later.

well got weak spark, got different plug brand spanking new. wish the starter worked, that would make this easier I hope. finally warm enough to work on with out freezing fingers looking through the wires. dam thing has them running front and aft. think i need a clymers manual. hard to tell which wires go where?? kinda get lost at wiring:(

well I think I found what I was looking for got 265ohms off a red and white wires temp is cooler than 65f. they where seperate from other connectors off the motor. r those the wires I needed?

up date pulled the stator out, dam thing has 8 wires coming out of it??? well 3 I'm assuming are the charging out put, three are to some timing for the cdi??? I think not sure, two for charge the coil?? any of that sound right. the three are gr/ bl/ yel, two are wh with gr strip and a red. yel / bl ohm 187, gr / yel ohm 187, bl / gr ohm 374, wh g /red ohm 287. not sure if any of this will help to know whats wrong. off the power wires with ignition on it ohms at about 90 do I need to look for why,seems there should be more ressitance there. just trouble shooting right now. any help would be appreciated.

Update to what I have found on the quad. The ignition coils primary seems low .12 ohms. Also should the pick up coil in the mag show continuity to the case??? It does ohm good other wise pr manual.

Well pulled the stater to look and see if it was worth salvaging. NOPE NOTA f@#%er fried good, could smell it as soon as I opened her up. Windings fried, magnet loose which probably fried the starter to begin with >:|. Some people can't believe the stuff they don't check, not that I'm much better for not checking it myself. Would make checking spark easier. Did get it to firer twice thats it, must be in the wiring. Been unpluging and pluging connecters checking for shorts, or bad contacts.
Could something that ohms out still be bad???? ignition coil seemed off but dealer checked it on there sparking machine and got good spark WTF.
Any one know where to get good cheap CDIs?? besides ebay?

Well pulled the stater to look and see if it was worth salvaging. NOPE NOTA f@#%er fried good, could smell it as soon as I opened her up. Windings fried, magnet loose which probably fried the starter to begin with >:|. Some people can't believe the stuff they don't check, not that I'm much better for not checking it myself. Would make checking spark easier. Did get it to firer twice thats it, must be in the wiring. Been unpluging and pluging connecters checking for shorts, or bad contacts.
Could something that ohms out still be bad???? ignition coil seemed off but dealer checked it on there sparking machine and got good spark WTF.
Any one know where to get good cheap CDIs?? besides ebay?

I got mine on ebay and it works fine. I got the stator from ricky stator.